Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Monte

Practically Family
Nice one Renault. You could be from a different time.

I'm on and off the lounge in cycles and I remembered that I had a very old, no-name western which I haven't shown yet. It had some scattered remnants of a sweatband with very tiny stitches, a dark ring where the medium ribbon used to be, and nothing else. Therefore, I took the hat and a spare sweatband to a sewing service I use for alterations. They called me in later to pick it up. Not only did they do a great job, but they only charged me $12!

The color is a warm beige. The felt is the most flexible and thin that I've handled, but seems to be holding the pencil curl just fine. The crown has a cattlemen's crease but I may change it? It's a little too tapered for my tastes.
At any rate, it seems very old to my eye and I have a feeling it's '40s or older so here it is alongside a '50s OR to give some idea of scale.
IMG_0651_zpsnysdvppr.jpg

Me with a t-shirt and cowboy hat, no less:
FullSizeRender_zpsdmborje4.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
I probably won't be posting any pics of her but,..........we just had a baby girl! She is healthy and cute as well. Maybe she'll put her own pics up someday if she's a hat wearer.

frussell

One Too Many
Renault- great hat, and great location. The article and Bastrop area bring back lots of good memories of the first half of my life. We had a small ranch between LaGrange and Schulenburg. Can't beat the Texas Hill Country. Frank

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well I hadn't bough a new hat in close to 3 years so I decided to treat myself today to a belated birthday present. Resistol "Top Hand" Showdown in Stone. I call this my "Joao Brim" model at 4 1/2"!
Nice! Big brim, big crown!

Me with a t-shirt and cowboy hat, no less:
FullSizeRender_zpsdmborje4.jpg

Another big crown! I think cattleman crease is not a crease for big crowns so I probably would change it.

Congrats Monte. I like that Western you're wearing. Very vintage looking.
I found that a tapered brim seems to do best with the cattleman or Alpine crease. That hat would also look good with a "Tom Horn" or "gus" crease.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I wore this last night in my garage. Rarely goes beyond my property. Stetson austral with a Boswell pipe. Just decompressing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423580576662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423580576662.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 194
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423580595502.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423580595502.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 195
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423580631049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423580631049.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 199

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, gentlemen. I think I'm too short to wear it out-- makes me look like the letter T ! ;)
Joao, thAt new stagecoach is sha-arp!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld