Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

fmw

One Too Many
Excellent collection. I can't decide whether I like the hats or the boots better. :)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent collection. I can't decide whether I like the hats or the boots better. :)

Hats and boots are definitely the thing. I've got to get myself a good pair of cowboy boots to go with the hats. It's this whole new personality that I'm cultivating in the last ten years, with hats. Walking in the boots make the hats look better, I believe, as I found out with my dress boots.

fmw

One Too Many
I love western boots. They are incredibly comfortable. They feel like loafers that grip the foot. Nothing like them. Yes, they also go well with the hats. They don't have to be expensive either. The boots that my silverbelly Serratelli hat is draped over are Dan Post Mignon leather series in Black Cherry. $139.95 an any Dan Post dealer. All the other brands have something comparable. I'm not into the "audacious" exotic western boots. Just cowhide in one color is best for me. Luckily those are the least expensive.

warbird

One Too Many

I don't know whether I like my boots or hats better either. They are all old. The newest boot in the pic is probably 12-13 years old, the crocs. I went back and labeled what the hats and boots are in the original post. The Lucchese are unquestionably the most comfortable. I must admit I do have a penchant for exotics, except for snake. I only own one pair of those and won't own another. The lizards are wonderful as long as you take care of them and as long as they fit right. Lizard does not stretch. If they don't fit they never will fit. Ostrich is w/o question my favorite exotic as it is so soft and malleable. It stretches perfectly while you wear it then shrinks back up when it sits so each time you put it on it is like putting on a nice clean sock. Pure excellence.

pw009-7.jpg

Stetson 3X Western, ?probably post-40's.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great one, hatophile! I have to say I'm particularly partial to the one with the flanged or pencil rolled brim you posted a few weeks back though-- that was a real catch!

I confess that I've been messing with my gigantic grey Mesa Pinch cowboy hat, and have turned it into a telescoped with arrowhead crease with a somewhat flattened brim, replete with marks from my iron, even though I used a rag in between. Perhaps another work in progress... I'll post some before/after pics when I can.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
well, here's the latest experiment:
before:
charlesebaybcopy.jpg
[/IMG]

now:
0163t.jpg
[/IMG]
062mk.jpg
[/IMG]

still deciding whether to trim some off the brim. It was originally 4+, and soon after became about 3 7/8". More yet?

fmw

One Too Many
'Fraid so. I like the shape of the brim a lot, actually, but there is too much of it for that style. The crease is also nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld