Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well...that's all the convincing I'll need!

I'll see what I can do to pop into Memphis this holiday season or shortly thereafter. Thanks for opening my eyes, gentlemen :).

RBH said:
Neo.. let me know when you think you will be there and I will try and make it too.

Will do, sir!

Last edited:

Neophyte

Carouselvic, that hat looks really, really great! Looks to be in pretty good condition.

Could you tell me about the brim width and crown height on that hat?

Neophyte

Phenomenal, I agree ! (He has the brim and crown info at the top, above the first photo. I missed it, too, I was so taken by the hat.)

:eusa_clap :D ;)

Oh yeah, thanks! It was like a line of text followed by many awesome pictures. Flew straight past me lol!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is my Charlie One Horse. Autographed by Chris LeDoux.
100_6323.jpg

100_6326.jpg

100_6333.jpg

The one thing I'd like to do is find a new hat band. I'm thinking of a ribbon like a fedora for this one.

Cheers!

Dan

1961MJS

Hi Dan
I have a Sun Body with a dark Maroon 1.5 inch ribbon on it. The Maroon or even something darker like burgundy would look great on a black hat. In my opinion, a Regular Fire Engine Red ribbon would make a black hat look like a $10.00 amusement park cowboy hat.
Choose well!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys, most appreciated. as far as a ribbon or hat band I was going to stray from red for sure. But maybe something similar to an oxblood might look good in a ribbon. Maybe about 1" to 1 1/2" wide. But I was also thinking of like a gunmetal grey or even a deep navy with a contrasting cream color on the knot of the bow like Art does. It's a thought though, it'll be a while before I can get around to it.

Cheers!

Dan

msm007

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys, most appreciated. as far as a ribbon or hat band I was going to stray from red for sure. But maybe something similar to an oxblood might look good in a ribbon. Maybe about 1" to 1 1/2" wide. But I was also thinking of like a gunmetal grey or even a deep navy with a contrasting cream color on the knot of the bow like Art does. It's a thought though, it'll be a while before I can get around to it.

Cheers!

Dan

Very nice looking hat -shape and band. What does the felt feel like. Is it soft or stiff?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice looking hat -shape and band. What does the felt feel like. Is it soft or stiff?

Thanks msm, most appreciated. I would say it is on the stiff side. It can take being kicked around by a horse that is determined to get you off its back with out taking too much damage. The felt is fairly thick too. Makes a darn fine winter hat as it does keep the noggin warm and can survive a good down pour & soaking without losing any color or shape. Of my three westerns, it is the most sturdy.

Cheers!

Dan

msm007

One of the Regulars
Thanks msm, most appreciated. I would say it is on the stiff side. It can take being kicked around by a horse that is determined to get you off its back with out taking too much damage. The felt is fairly thick too. Makes a darn fine winter hat as it does keep the noggin warm and can survive a good down pour & soaking without losing any color or shape. Of my three westerns, it is the most sturdy.

Cheers!

Dan

Sounds like a very good purpose hat. I picked up a CH1 Desperado for my son. It has the distressed looked - it is stiff as a bord. One of the other Lounge members picked up a 20x CH1 which he is liking. You don't hear too much about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe