Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekend Rituals

Nashoba

One Too Many
The first thing I do when I wake up on any morning, sat / sun included is check my email to see if my husband has emailed me at all. Then I let the dog out for his morning constitutional and grab myself some breakfast. What happens then is dependent on the season and the week. During the spring and summer if there's a Powwow (like this weekend) I braid my hair, pack my regalia and hit the trail. Like today. When there's no Powwow to go to I usually spend the day catching up on neglected chores, or I treat myself to a day of vintage bargain hunting. When my husband is home I usually wake him up around 1100 (I of course have been up since at least 7 sometimes earlier) and get him into gear to do whatever it is that he has on his list for the day.
Sundays are church and then back to the powwow if there is one. Or home to clip my coupons from the sunday paper and check the sales for the week.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Well I know what I don't want to become a weekend ritual

grrr...was leaving this morning to go flea marketing and erm....the visability out of the driveway is really poor...and I ended up gently bumping another car with mine.

Nothing serious, but man....really didn't need more hassles.

Upset myself so much I didn't even flea market......

D...who does the stupidist things

Saturdays I like to watch PBS for a while. Cooking shows, Car shows, maybe some construction shows. I write up a list of stuff to buy and go grocery shopping in the afternoon. I also like to take a ride and bring Mom and Max.
Alternate weekends is lawn care.

Sunday I usually got to church and bible study afterwards. Maybe go out to lunch then.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
My only weekend rituals are being woken by the cats at some ungodly early hour (like 8 or 9), getting up to feed them, and then going back to bed

RedPop4

One Too Many
Lessee here, on the weekends. There are a couple standing engagements each weekend.....being a Church Musician, I play Mass on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday morning, so those times are "routine."

Anything beyond that is dependent upon the weather, and the seasons. And by seasons, I mean both the seasons of the year and the sports seasons, since my boys play sports and I coach sports.

So. this time of year--Friday night-usually out to eat somewhere informal, maybe a cigar or pipe late with my buddy.
Another good friend and his family are members of a "country club (down here that's a swim/tennis club)" and we often go there on Friday nights so everyone's kids can swim, the guys grill and smoke cigars, the women kibbitz.

Saturday--9:00 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. baseball game with the younger son.
Practice with the older one, possible.
Unscheduled time until it's time for me to clean up and go to play Mass.
Hopefully nice dinner out unless we cooked.

Sunday--get up, make drop cheesy biscuits for the fambly, then dress for Church.
Sometimes lunch somewhere, or home.
Somtimes to grocery/home store/nursery or wherever. Maybe cook for the week.
Supper with our good friends on Sunday night.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mainly, I wind up at my girlfriend's place. Sat and Sun mornings breakfast in the breakfast nook, facing the Brooklyn Hts promenade, watching people pass and say hello thru the window. Sunday nights I brace myself for Monday by listening to The Big Broadcast on WWW.WFUV.ORG.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
On Saturdays, I get up and cook a big breakfast for my wife and I. Then we clean the house together, I usually polish my shoes, and we often spend time outdoors if the weather is nice. Saturday evenings we usually get together with family or friends, or go see a movie.

Sundays, get up, go to church, Sunday dinner, relaxing with the newspaper, nap, back to church, casual dinner in front of the TV or a DVD, and to bed.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

I love my home, but it is a black hole of effort. This time of year, I spend almost every weekend mowing, cleaning, repairing, painting or otherwise tending to my house and/or yard.

Atticus

green papaya

One Too Many
Sunday ritual

I wake up early and eat breakfast then hit the Sunday flea market or monthly antique fair.

it's like going on a treasure hunting trip, I always bring something back from my Sunday flea market / swap meet hunts.

I like searching for old lost treasures lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saturday is morning paper and coffee with my wife. Not too hard of work in the garden and Netflix at night.

Sunday is a repeat but no movie. Saturdays are often vintage car shows for us and the Packard.
th_arg-green-car.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82