Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Websites for buying vintage military jackets

Lash

New in Town
I'm looking for websites where I might find old N-1 jackets and navy issue watch caps (besides etsy and ebay). Any suggestions?

David Minton

New in Town
I have bought around twenty vintage military coats (Navy Peacoats and Bridge Coats, and Army Officer Coats) on eBay, and have had good luck so far.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
http://www.vintagetrends.com/

I'm sure that company will be mentioned. I just bought a flight jacket from then and their description of condition did not match condition of the jacket - they have different ideas of "good" than I do. Caveat emptor, or whatever.

Well, it was tempting for me at one point to buy from them, I think unlike many respectable private sellers, these vintage shops tend to hype the conditions by 1 or 2 grades, at the end of the day, don't trust businessmen(businesswomen) too much.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Must admit E-bay has seen me alright generally & accounts for most of my purchases. Landed a real lemon from a British vintage militaria vendor purchased from their website that turned out to have the stitching coming apart.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have bought good and bad off eBay, one mans good condition is another's poor, same on sizing, Large, small, evena stated size is not always 'your' size.
If you sell stuff, never advertise something as mint even if it is as a buyer will probably say it's not to try to get some sort of reduction.
I for one will not be selling anymore clothing on the Bay, read through the selling terms and conditions and return policies. If the item is not quite up to the buyers expectations though is well described, they can always return it, but should you insist your buyer pays return postage buyers can end up keeping the items and you having to return their cash and postage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe