Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Old Car

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
What I'm searching for in a car:

1. pre-1965 (unless it's a few particular vehicles like a Plymouth Valiant)
2. Something with decent aftermarket/restoration support (probably meaning Ford, Chevy, Plymouth, Dodge, AMC - but I'll consider anything)
3. Something not too big (probably no full-size cars after 1957; unless it's a wagon)
4. Something easily retrofit with overdrive (preferably a 5-speed manual)
5. Something easily retrofit with disc brakes
6. Something in Michigan or Northern Indiana/Ohio
7. Something I can drive home
8. Something with a halfway decent (livable) interior
9. Something mostly unmodified
10. $4000 or less

I don't need something perfect, and I don't need something desirable (more doors and wagons very welcome - until this afternoon, I thought I was buying a '49 Plymouth four-door sedan). I want something simple, drivable, and with character. What have you got?

-Dave

rick canavar

New in Town
You might want to consider looking at Volvo 122's. Nice look, very reliable, and parts are easily found. You can find 4 speed manuals with overdrive so they do pretty well under normal traffic conditions. The 122 runs from 1962 to 1968 if I remember correctly without any major body changes so it could widen the acceptable years for you search too.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I love Falcons. I almost got one once, but I have just struck a deal with a guy for a 1951 Plymouth Cambridge.
Post some pictures!

SamReu

One of the Regulars
I nearly bought a Falcon...

The guy who sold me his house had a '61 wagon in the garage. It ran beautifully, but needed a muffler and had a dent in the door. For an extra grand, he said, I could have the Falcon.

I cogitated. I paced. I fretted. Finally, I said no. I already had one old car, a '31 Ford, and had no room for another.

I should have bought the car.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^ I'd love to see a pic of the '31 My father has a '36 and I'm interested in seeing earlier ones!!!!

personally I have a '67 VW beetle that suits my hippy side just swell.[huh]

SamReu

One of the Regulars
That '31 Ford

OK. I'll rummage around in the computer system and see if I can find a picture of my heap, which I discovered in an Orlando warehouse about 19 years ago. It is a rumble seat coupe, green with black fenders, light-yellow spoke wheels. It's not very fast, but hey! At least it's uncomfortable.

The '36 Ford came with a flathead V-8, and is beautiful.

To learn more about my car, which is a Model A, log on to www.mafca.com. The site has photos of every type ever built.

But we are off the subject, sort of.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Well, nobody’s slapped you fellows on the wrist yet for carrying on a conversation in the classifieds, but I’m not so daring. Instead, I’ll direct you to this thread to see pictures of my Bird.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld