Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Darhling said:
ohhh Foxtrot yes!! You would have to teach me though!
It would be my pleasure. I may be a bit rusty, as I was taught by a lovely young German fräulein over twenty years ago, but I did get quite a bit of practice. Sadly I've yet to find a lady interested in that particular skill in the intervening years.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1940's said:
4)tin pan $ally.....cause we were at the same event.and didnt get a chance to meet...we have a U.S.O thing going on!
5)Loilta Haze and all of my fellow Az Chippies....too bad I live so far away!

well, little lady... car pool with me to the next Chippie event..

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
It would be my pleasure. I may be a bit rusty, as I was taught by a lovely young German fräulein over twenty years ago, but I did get quite a bit of practice. Sadly I've yet to find a lady interested in that particular skill in the intervening years.

How is that even possible? All the ladies I know and myself swoon over a man who knows how to dance - they are a rare breed!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Darhling said:
How is that even possible? All the ladies I know and myself swoon over a man who knows how to dance - they are a rare breed!
I can only assume that my poor conversational skills and clumsy gait cause them to jump to conclusions regarding any other interpersonal abilities that I may or may not possess. Ah well, at least my mother thinks I'm adorable.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
I can only assume that my poor conversational skills and clumsy gait cause them to jump to conclusions regarding any other interpersonal abilities that I may or may not possess. Ah well, at least my mother thinks I'm adorable.

Well that is their loss! And I refuse to believe you have poor conversational skills - reading your posts tells me so.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
oh I think I remember you! there was so many people and Well johnny and Sara had me everywhere that Night!
hopefully next time we shall chat!
Doran said:
Julia Morgan House thing in Berkeley, Art Deco Society, last month. You were standing with a man. I was wearing a black tuxedo. (So was every other man there.) Someone, perhaps AJ/Wingnut or Miss 1920s, introduced us right as I was about to leave. You were at the head of the stairs.

My memory is a bit vague -- I'd had 4-5 champagnes before this moment.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I suppose to a mother's eye you're adorable, I can think of many other... delectable words to use for the way you look.
I am one of those unfortunate men who actually lose the gift of speech when complimented in such a fashion. Thank goodness my fingertips can still communicate for me.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Except for Dagwood, I guess everyone who's wanted to meet me already has. :D Still waiting to meet him, too.

I have met several So. Cal Loungers in my year here, but there are a few in other locales I'd like to meet:

BegitheBeguine: The first person to respond to something I'd said in a post.
Maj.NickDanger: Second to respond to me, and just a great guy from what I can tell. Very funny man.
Quigley Brown: Fellow photographer and an all-around good man. I'm sure he could teach me a thing or two about photography and Photoshop.
LizzieMaine and Daisy Buchannan: I know that's two, but for some reason it took me a while to seperate those two in my mind, so why should I let that limit my choices now! :D (I also want to meet LizzieMaine because, ever since I did a report on the state of Maine for an assignment in elementary school, I've wanted to visit that state. Meeting LizzieMaine at the same time would just double that pleasure.)
DiamondBack: I don't know why. :rolleyes: lol

There are many more, but I'll leave it at the requested five . . . for now. (Okay, so it's actually six. Sue me! lol)

Lee

Strangers on the 'net . . .

Darhling said:
Diamondback - lol thats okay!
"Okay", like possible, or like "thanks, but I'll pass"? Part of the reason for all those complications is that
1. I'm a Class 1 klutz--I trip over my own feet a lot and
2. I have "issues" with others within five feet of me, so have never been able to learn to dance. (Issues like "highly-defensive nature with hair-trigger reflexes"...)

If you're ever headed to Seattle, drop a PM--heck, I may have to do a Scandinavian tour someday as part of my studies on WWII, so...;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
"Okay", like possible, or like "thanks, but I'll pass"? Part of the reason for all those complications is that
1. I'm a Class 1 klutz--I trip over my own feet a lot and
2. I have "issues" with others within five feet of me, so have never been able to learn to dance. (Issues like "highly-defensive nature with hair-trigger reflexes"...)

If you're ever headed to Seattle, drop a PM--heck, I may have to do a Scandinavian tour someday as part of my studies on WWII, so...;)

oh no .. I guess my english skills isn't good enough (remember it isn't my first language) ! Or I need to elaborate!

It was in reference to this

Long as you're cool with a sawed-off short dude with bulky equipment stuffed into his uniform-jacket, and confining the stepping-on to his left foot only, and with having to give a crash-course in "how to dance" first, I'm game, dear lady

that I meant that it was all okay - Since I am not very tall myself and I will try to step only on your left foot! Learning you to dance though, maybe a tad difficult since I haven't learned it myself - but we could learn!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No worms for me.

MrNewportCustom said:
Except for Dagwood, I guess everyone who's wanted to meet me already has. :D Still waiting to meet him, too.

I have met several So. Cal Loungers in my year here, but there are a few in other locales I'd like to meet:

BegitheBeguine: The first person to respond to something I'd said in a post.
Maj.NickDanger: Second to respond to me, and just a great guy from what I can tell. Very funny man.
Quigley Brown: Fellow photographer and an all-around good man. I'm sure he could teach me a thing or two about photography and Photoshop.
LizzieMaine and Daisy Buchannan: I know that's two, but for some reason it took me a while to seperate those two in my mind, so why should I let that limit my choices now! :D (I also want to meet LizzieMaine because, ever since I did a report on the state of Maine for an assignment in elementary school, I've wanted to visit that state. Meeting LizzieMaine at the same time would just double that pleasure.)
DiamondBack: I don't know why. :rolleyes: lol

There are many more, but I'll leave it at the requested five . . . for now. (Okay, so it's actually six. Sue me! lol)

Lee

Strangers on the 'net . . .
Waal, I haven't met you yet. Ooh, I'm on a list! What was your post? What did I say? Now I'm all giddy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe