Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS purple feather!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I know there are not many fans of feathers here, but since ordering my first VS earlier this year I wanted to order a camel color. I also loved the purple liner which is on the Hall of Fame. I asked Art to make me a camel hat, with a blend of purple in the ribbon, to go with the purple liner...I opened the box and got a pleasant surprise! Thanks for the originality Art - not many are going to recognise the Artist though, although the "V" of VS should be recognised by the connoisseurs!

4" C crown, 1 3/4" brim

ArtCamel4.jpg

ArtCamel2.jpg

ArtCamel3.jpg

Unfortunately, the colors have turned out blue, but they are in fact purple.

rrog

A-List Customer
Is the lining also purple or is it blue (as it appears in the picture)? I love that color of blue and would love a hat in that color. That's a gorgeous color.

rrog

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Beautiful! I, too, am a great fan of feathers in hat-bands, especially with the narrower brims. It adds just the right note of "discreet flamboyance" to what can be a very minimalist hat. This hat is perfect!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I don't dislike feathers in a hat band, but I find that most hats look better without them, if the feather even works at all. In this case, it works and it enhances the hat. Probably even better in person, seeing accurate colors. Great work, and a clever bow from Art! :eusa_clap

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That's a stellar hat, and although I tend to remove feathers, I might leave that one be. When I lived in Tokyo, hats weren't on my radar yet, but nowadays I'd sport that one in Ginza, Roppongi, Shinjuku, and the like. Stylin'!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy [IMG said:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/daizawaguy/Christmas2008002.jpg[/IMG]

That hat looks wondeful on your noggin. The tall crown and narrow brim sure give it a great look. I especially like how Art didn't just add a wonderful feather but tied the coloring into the accent in the bow. A really thoughtful touch.:eusa_clap Great new pictures.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
This hat has perfect proportions. The tall, almost untapered crown are what make it so great. Not to mention the beautiful color choices. This is what a stingy brim should be!
I am in the "queue" to get a custom hat from Art and I've been agonizing over what type to get: Stratoliner clone or Whippet clone? Now I see that he does a great stingy, too. My choice has just become more complicated!
Thanks for up-dating your post with more detailed photos. And congratulations on a great hat!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone said:
I am in the "queue" to get a custom hat from Art and I've been agonizing over what type to get: Stratoliner clone or Whippet clone? Now I see that he does a great stingy, too. My choice has just become more complicated!

No more agonising Jauntyone...you can get a Whippet and a Stingy - all in one! My 1 7/8" natural light

Christmas2008009-1.jpg

Christmas2008010-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe