Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS Oxblood, you asked; here it is.

A few months back a fellow Lounger and I got what we believe are/were the first 2 Oxbloods produced out of Art's new felt offering.

I asked Art for mien to be open crown.

[up-dated information; as is, the measurement to the top of the pinch is 5 inches, and as I look beyond into that popped up center, it's near 6 inches tall. The hat rakes back and measures 3-7/8inches at the rear. The Brim is 2 1/2 inches.]

It took me forever last night and about a hundred fifty shots during which, to get proper lighting, and camara settings; but I think I pulled it off in the wee hours this morning with a tripod and very slow shutter speed.

Enjoy!

Digicam2033.jpg

Digicam2049.jpg

Digicam2031.jpg

Digicam2039.jpg

Digicam2076.jpg

Digicam2064.jpg

Digicam2055.jpg

Digicam2070.jpg

Digicam2065.jpg

Digicam2066.jpg

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Cane Rod Maker said:
A few months back a fellow Lounger and I got what we believe are/were the first 2 Oxbloods produced out of Art's new felt offering.

It took me forever last night and about a hundred fifty shots during which, to get proper lighting, and camara settings; but I think I pulled it off in the wee hours this morning with a tripod and very slow shutter speed.

Enjoy!

Digicam2076.jpg

Absolutely phenomenal hat! Your pictures really capture the beauty of the felt and the craftsmanship. The tri-color knot is the perfect touch; Art seems to have out-done himself - for now!:eusa_clap

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Cheers,

C-C

jbucklin

Practically Family
Here's how cool my wife is: I just showed her these pics and she loved the hat so much that it looks like I'll be getting one for my birthday at the end of September.lol One condition though: I cannot buy another hat till then. :eusa_doh:

So, Cane---would you be willing to share those specs with me? I suppose I could call Art too.

Anyway, I'm psyched!

Art's Oxblood

PM sent

jbucklin said:
Here's how cool my wife is: I just showed her these pics and she loved the hat so much that it looks like I'll be getting one for my birthday at the end of September.lol One condition though: I cannot buy another hat till then. :eusa_doh:

So, Cane---would you be willing to share those specs with me? I suppose I could call Art too.

Anyway, I'm psyched!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Great shots! Thanks for taking the time to make those pics. And well done on the bash - thats original :eusa_clap

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is one of the most beautiful hats I've seen in my 6 months of experience with hats. That is also the most striking color I've seen in a hat. I actually just made it my wallpaper/background on my computer. You've got yourself a great lid.

Once I find a job, and generate a bit of disposable income, I think I'll ask Art about a hat in Oxblood (I like red, if you haven't noticed by my avatar).

Thank you for sharing these pics. I got my first hat about 6 weeks ago, and with these pics, I'm already considering a VS.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Great hat. Amazing crease. Really good pics.
I am continually dumbfounded how changeable the Oxblood felt is.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Tim, could you post a pic with you wearing that awesome lid? It's easier to get an idea of a hat's proportions when it's atop one's noggin. ;)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cane Rod Maker said:

Digicam2055.jpg
Very classy.

No problem...

I will certainly do that for you later tonight. It's actually the hat which I threw on this morning with a Maroon Shirt. So I am picture ready when I get home. I'll PM you later when I do it.

I wanted to do it the other night; but by the time I finally wrapped up getting these photos, I was spent....

jbucklin said:
Tim, could you post a pic with you wearing that awesome lid? It's easier to get an idea of a hat's proportions when it's atop one's noggin. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe