Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage sweater catalog pics.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indy, are patterned sweaters possible, or just solids?
ce50_1.JPG

^sigh

mike

Call Me a Cab
Indy Magnoli said:
Perfect timing! I am looking at adding a new line of made-to-measure knitwear to my clothiers site. I'm estimating these hand-made custom sweaters to sell for around $150 (shipping included).

If any one is interested, please drop me a line as it'd be good to get a bunch of different styles done to fill out this new section.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Any news on this project? I'm mighty interested! :)

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I'll be starting with two film-related cardigans (you can probably guess based on a lot of my other offerings), which will give you a chance of seeing some finished products. For those interested in commissioning custom pieces, please e-mail me to discuss the details.

Flat-top, I'll have to look into that further, but shoot me and e-mail and we'll see what can be done.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Warbaby

One Too Many
I found this sweater at the thrift shop last week. The overall feeling of age and the wide waistband makes me think it may be from the late 40s-50s. The photo shows it in as-found condition and still looks a bit grubby and yellowed but I don't want to clean it up until I reweave a little spot in the front where the knit has started to come undone.

V_Sweater1.jpg

The only label is this very tiny one that you can barely see (it's that little brownish spot in the above photo about half-way between the top and the crossbar on the hangar).

V_Sweater2.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hey Magnoli, how easy would it be to have something like this one Chris Cooper is wearing in this shot?
15.jpg

I've been hunting around for something similar to no avail.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust