Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-style Navy Linen DB suit, 40R

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I bought this a year or so ago thinking I'd lose enough weight to get into it, but it hasn't happened yet. It's a great navy linen double-breasted suit with faux mother-of-pearl buttons. It has great vintage-styled lapels and fairly high-waisted trousers, and the overall look is one of classic Golden Era elegance. As is it works great as a casual summer suit and the jacket is great by itself as a blazer with white trousers; change the buttons out for dark ones and you'd have a great summer suit that would work for everything from fairly formal to casual summer occasions.

Size isn't marked; I estimate it as 40R, but please see the measurements below for specifics.
Chest: 44"
Jacket waist: 39"
Length from bottom of collar: 30 3/4"
Shoulders: 18 1/2"
Sleeves: 24" with maybe 1" to let down

Trouser waist: 34" with 2" to let out
Outseam: 40"
Inseam: 29" with nothing to let down without losing cuffs
19" cuff circumference
1 1/4" cuff width

$50 shipped in the continental US. Paypal only. PM me if you're interested.

DSCF5854.jpg
DSCF5863.jpg
DSCF5862.jpg
DSCF5866.jpg
DSCF5864.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Marcus said:
Marc, what do you think about sporting a white fedora with this suit?

(Bartenders, please move if necessary.)

I think it would work, since it's a summer weight suit. Also, a pair of white lace-up oxford shoes would look well with the hat. (In the '30s, it wasn't that uncommon for men to wear white shoes with darker-colored summer suits.)

Seen at the 1939 N.Y. World's Fair:

cap063.jpg

cap044.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe