Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Repro Textile Jackets

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Since horsehide is going into four digits pretty much across the board, what textile vintage repro jackets are out there? I know about Dehen and G9 Barracudas. Any others worth a look? Thanks.

Since horsehide is going into four digits pretty much across the board, what textile vintage repro jackets are out there? I know about Dehen and G9 Barracudas. Any others worth a look? Thanks.

I recently discovered and like the B10. Haven't decided who I'll get one from, but It does appear that there are some out there. Makes sense too as the cost and time to acquire are going up...never heard of the G9, have to have a look.

Edward

Bartender
I have a few jackets in the G9 style, great for vintage wear. The design first came outvin 37 and has been big in every decade since, so it's very flexible. I also have an Aero Waterfront, superb jacket.

D

Deleted member 16736

For the price of one leather jacket, you can now buy an Eastman B-10 and a Barracuda. That should cover you in any weather in style. By the way, I can't find Aero's B-10 anymore. Did they discontinue it?

ando.thun

New in Town
Nigel Cabourn manufactures some nice vintage inspired jackets.

Prices are high but with a little bit of patience it's possible to get oneself a bargain.

I recently got myself a Nigel Cabourn German Flight Jacket for only 110 GBP (instead of 440 GBP) and also bought a Woolrich Woolen Mills Jacket earlyer this year for only 80 GBP. Both new with tags and worth every penny.

Especially the Nigel Cabourn jacket inspired by the German pilots jackets from WW1 has a really nice vintage look.

Edward

Bartender
For the price of one leather jacket, you can now buy an Eastman B-10 and a Barracuda. That should cover you in any weather in style. By the way, I can't find Aero's B-10 anymore. Did they discontinue it?

If memory serves Aero discontinued all their non-leather military jackets a while ago. The used to do a B10 and a B15. Consensus was that the B10 wasn't quite as good as the ELC, the latter being worth saving for (this was at a time when the Aero was GBP199, and the Eastman GBP299) for anyone who wanted full accuracy. They did have a run of B10s earlier this year in civilian colours, really quite cheap - I'd have considered one of those but didn't see one in my size. Unfortunately when they blew out the last of their B15s (at GBP130 or thereabouts) a couple of years ago I decided to leave it, as then I really wanted a B10. Now, of course, they no longer do them and I'd much rather a B15.... ha. If memory serves, the B15 wasn't considered to be a perfect replica by the hardcore, but for a nice, non-leather civilian jacket with a military aesthetic, I'd consider one.

I thought someone linked to it a while back, but when I looked, I could not locate it either (Aero B10)
There's something cool about the fabric jackets, but in the end, leather will last longer and more likely maintain value & desirability. I imagine if the market demanded it, we'd see more of them...

Edward

Bartender
I thought someone linked to it a while back, but when I looked, I could not locate it either (Aero B10)
There's something cool about the fabric jackets, but in the end, leather will last longer and more likely maintain value & desirability. I imagine if the market demanded it, we'd see more of them...

If Steve Macqueen had worn a B10 in The Great Escape, you better believe you'd be falling over them everywhere.... Jinkies, had the A2 been replaced two years earlier, I honestly suspect it wouldn't be so big as it is. Great jacket, but just look at, say, the popularity of the B3 compared to the B2 or the B15.... war years jackets really do seem to just have that edge in popularity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe