Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

D

Deleted member 259

I don't have any pin-up shots yet, but my new Avatar is from my headshots session. It wouldn't work for a headshot, but I rather liked it as a glamour shot - there were these too:

Scan10003.jpg
Scan10001.jpg

The only photos in which i've ever notice a likeness between myself and my grandmother.
I don't have a resemblance to any of my family at all, which has always bugged me a little, as the rest of my family has a lot of the same traits, but this photo looked exactly like one of her highschool photos.

shamus

Suspended
I like Petty too. But Vargas was king. Oliva today is really a mix, I like 50% of her stuff. Sometimes its too much like those 80's Duran Duran type girls.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My wee vintage contribution..

Sort of pales into insignificance next to such fantastic contributions, but it was fun trying!! Had to put self timer on (10 secs!) do an Olympic sprint, get myself calmed and posed and then FLASH!!! and voila!!

NORMANDY-BEACHES2018.jpg

NORMANDY-BEACHES2017.jpg

NORMANDY-BEACHES2016.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The boots in the vintage styled pics ...

Well it's hard to believe Bob, but they are the original old 20-year-old Timberlands. I don't rate Timberland shoes/boots anymore, I feel that the quality of materials and workmanship has gone to the dogs! But the early ones were good. These boots have a lining of glove leather in them, brass eyelets, good sturdy steer hide, and have a vintagey look to them. Look great with the flying suit!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well Root...

As usual, you hit the right note again!!! Splendid photo!!! I'm really going to have to get myself this photoshop gadget thing and drag myself into the 21st Century (but not too fast!!).

Hondo

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I suppose it is better than Root and the Rhutabegas. :p

Regards to all,

J
Hey everyone, Loved the photos, will try later myself, it was quite a laugh, I mean EVERYONE, almost reminds me of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone, lol

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

filmnoirphotos

One of the Regulars
rubyredlocks said:
I am looking for pinup ideas for a X-mas gift for hubby.He collects Coca-cola memoribilia(sp?)and I wanted something Coca-cola add inspired.
I just haven't found anything that shouts at me.
Any ideas?

Rubyred'

What kind of pinup'ish vintage clothes do you have? If you have short shorts and a slinky sweater, all you need is a bar stool and a coke in hand with a come hither smile. Do away with everything else in the image with photo shop. If a swimsuit, just a large towel on the floor, a coke in hand, etc., and, again, photo shop to get rid of the background. If you want to show off the gams in a dress, shoot from a little lower, coke in hand, and the photo shop thing.

Just scope out what you have in hand and go from there. Keep it simple - only one or two props at most.

Oh, and be sure to share the results.....

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Thanks Filmnoirphotos!
My photographer just showed me a book with photos from Bernard of Hollywood with exactly the same type of thing you just mentioned.
We'll probably shoot sometime around November and I'll be happy to share the results.

MissTayva

jitterbugdoll said:
I received a proofs CD of my latest shoot in the mail today, and I wanted to share a few of the photos with you. This photographer is learning to work in Hurrel’s style, and I think some of the shots really reflect this (although I worked in a few pinups ;) ). What do you think?

47b5d937b3127cce92a77bc9cc0d00000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d937b3127cce92a77c530d3c00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d937b3127cce92a77c548c0b00000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d937b3127cce92a7707c8c2500000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d937b3127cce92a770630d0a00000016108AatmbRq2ctP

Damn, those are some hot pics, Amanda! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe