Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage HD Traveler jacket - anyone worn one?

lina

One Too Many
I’ve always liked the looks of the 1950s Harley Davidson traveler Moto jacket, and there are a few floating around for sale. (Not sure about the elastic cuffs!)

But just wondering if anyone here has ever actually worn one. If so, how did you like it, and do you have any fit pics?

IMG_1160.jpeg

Last edited:

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I’ve always liked the looks of the 1950s Harley Davidson traveler Moto jacket, and there are a few floating around for sale. (Not sure about the elastic cuffs!)

But just wondering if anyone here has ever actually worn one. If so, how did you like it, and do you have any fit pics?

View attachment 647019
I find the design very cool. Super simple, but still not boring thanks to the one pocket with the flap. I could do without the elasticated cuffs.

I had a gray one about three years ago. It was too big so I can’t help much with sizing. These run roomy/large. Wide sleeves. I do recall that. Most importantly, the hide was not the greatest imo. It’s why I didn’t look for a replacement. I haven’t handled a black one so no idea if the lackluster hide was because mine was gray. But my quick taste of the jacket was enough and I moved on.

Worn out elastic cuffs suck. I’d check for that.

Sheesh, what a useless post. Doubt it helps. Good luck.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 647019
I actually have one. They were produced mainly towards the end of the big square label production. You probably know that this jacket also has elastics at the bottom towards the back at sides of the hem. Mine was a little worked out but very functional. Elastic had its places in vintage jacket. However, for my personal taste, this jacket was ok. Not bad. Not as cool as other CF racer types. There was a gent in Ebay selling a brown in my size, but he and I could not agree on the price. I regret not purchasing it at his price because they are not that many around. The single pocket jackets square such as this label and rectangle (orange) label has a very different leather. Perhaps made by a different maker? In those days, Reed provided most of the leather for their early 60s production. Which I love. Since Reed CR are one of my very favorites, I was able to compare the leather to the model in the picture. They are very different. There is a gent selling one in a size 48 asking an arm and a leg for it. I hope he gets what he wants. I have only seen one in size 48.

lina

One Too Many
I had a gray one about three years ago. It was too big so I can’t help much with sizing. These run roomy/large. Wide sleeves. I do recall that. Most importantly, the hide was not the greatest imo. It’s why I didn’t look for a replacement. I haven’t handled a black one so no idea if the lackluster hide was because mine was gray. But my quick taste of the jacket was enough and I moved on.

Worn out elastic cuffs suck. I’d check for that.

Sheesh, what a useless post. Doubt it helps. Good luck.
All information is good information!

lina

One Too Many
I actually have one. They were produced mainly towards the end of the big square label production. You probably know that this jacket also has elastics at the bottom towards the back at sides of the hem. Mine was a little worked out but very functional. Elastic had its places in vintage jacket. However, for my personal taste, this jacket was ok. Not bad. Not as cool as other CF racer types. There was a gent in Ebay selling a brown in my size, but he and I could not agree on the price. I regret not purchasing it at his price because they are not that many around. The single pocket jackets square such as this label and rectangle (orange) label has a very different leather. Perhaps made by a different maker? In those days, Reed provided most of the leather for their early 60s production. Which I love. Since Reed CR are one of my very favorites, I was able to compare the leather to the model in the picture. They are very different. There is a gent selling one in a size 48 asking an arm and a leg for it. I hope he gets what he wants. I have only seen one in size 48.
Thanks! Any pics of you wearing yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar