Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage hats

North Valley

New in Town
I was in an antiquemall yesterday and found some very nice old hats.
One was a JC Penny fedora made from 100% natural beaver.
The other was a Stetson in a medium grey.
Both were very nice with the exception of a few minor stains on yhe binding.
If I was a colector, I would have bought them right then.
If anyone wishes for me to be the middle-man here, just let me know and I'll do my best.
Rodney
PS. I don't even know what vintage hats are worth out there, but these were priced to sell.[huh]

North Valley said:
I was in an antiquemall yesterday and found some very nice old hats.
One was a JC Penny fedora made from 100% natural beaver.
The other was a Stetson in a medium grey.
Both were very nice with the exception of a few minor stains on yhe binding.
If I was a colector, I would have bought them right then.
If anyone wishes for me to be the middle-man here, just let me know and I'll do my best.
Rodney
PS. I don't even know what vintage hats are worth out there, but these were priced to sell.[huh]

We need pictures, prices and sizes. ;) :D

RBH

Bartender
What are the sizes Rodney?
If they are large sized you may have messed up!!:eusa_doh:
Just kidding, in my neck of the woods you never find fedoras in shops. Sometimes you will run across them in estate sales.
Once again welcome to the Lounge, you have some great lookings hats at your place!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An real antique mall very well could/would have procured items from estate sales ans such so in a specialized place like that it may not be impossible that they would appear for sale. It's no less stange than finding an antique carpet beater there...[huh]

North Valley

New in Town
???

Well Gentlemen,
Like most old hats, they were small. I put one on and it seemed about 6 7/8 I have a bunch of vintage hats here that are my own and they are all small as well.
Guess they didn't eat too well back then???
Rodney

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
LOL..you've just run smack into the exact reason I started renovating ( and stretching) hats many years ago Rodney. You can't put hats in your store that nobody can wear unless you have a museum. So many small hats...so many big heads:D

majormoore

Vendor
Rodney, you must be right, seems that is the only size blocks showing up for sale these last few months, are all small 6 3/4 or 6 7/8".

On a side note, anyone wanting a nice new , custom made hat, you should contact Rodney, he is a real craftsman when it comes to making a hat. He will work with you from start to end, and puts that extra touch to each hat.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe