Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage German Fedora. Small size 7

I wear a 7, and i can wear this comfortably, but it is just a wee bitty tight. (I will say though that I'm LO, so the tightness may be a result of this). Would be perfect for someone at the upper end of 6 7/8, I would say. Check the measurements.

Made by Ferd. Meister of Nürnberg, this chocolate brown hat is a beauty. I can find no condition issues.

Measurements:

Brim: 2 3/8"
Crown (uncreased): Approx. 5"
Inside front to back: 7 7/16"
Inside side to side: 6 1/8
APPROXIMATE circumference: 21.5"

I'd like to get £45 for the hat. Shipping extra and to be calculated based on destination. Cash or personal cheques very much preferred from within the UK, Paypal OK for elsewhere. PM with interest.

FerdMeisterHat1.jpg

FerdMeisterHat2.jpg

FerdMeisterHat3.jpg

FerdMeisterHat4.jpg

FerdMeisterHat5.jpg

Best regards,

bk

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This looks identical color-wise, dimension-wise, shape-wise and ribbon-wise to a beaver Borsalino hat that I have, new six years ago, that I paid $500 for. That kind of hat is a really good one. Yours is also similar to mine in that it's tight. The sweatband on the beaver Borsalinos seems to crowd out head space. I bought one at 57 cm, my size, and it's always been tight; bought another, same, at 58 cm for my father, and it fits well. Bought another beaver Borsalino fedora of different dimensions but went up one size from my own, and it fits well. This hat you have for sale may have the same effect.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Baron, that one looks sharp, and I love 2 3/8" brims. I too wear a 7, but some 6 7/8 models have fit me; others I've had to stretch a bit. Would this hat be a good candidate for a gentle stretch? By the way, what vintage is it, and how wide is the ribbon?

BEHerron

New in Town
Baron,

I'm interested in your hat, unfortunately, I'm new here and cannot PM members yet. Is the hat an English 7 or USA 7? Do you have any idea what USPS to Virginia would run? You can PM me or e-mail me directly from my profile.

Thanks,

Rally

Hi Rally,

It fits like a small US 7. I would measure up a hat that fits you well, and compare to the measurements in the first post. I'll check on shipping and shoot you an email. The hat is in the UK, so of course it will come Royal Mail, but I guess it'll be handled by USPS on your side of the pond.

p.s. The typical way to build up your post count is to go into any random thread and say "nice hat", "nice suit" etc. Sadly, you do have to wait 30 seconds between posts!

Best regards,

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe