Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Calendar for 2009 USE 1959-1953-1942

For those that are history minded or need vintage things surrounding them every day, how about your calendar?

With seven days a week and 365 days a year except leap year, every year has a calendar twin (sort of) in some earlier years.

2009 has twins in the following years so these calendars should work for the every day stuff. (Note the religeous liturgical church year maybe way off so watch out for Lent and Easter.)

Some of the closest years you may find for use in 2009 are:

Adele

One of the Regulars
That is a neat idea! Thank you for sharing!

I'm going to try to find one from the first five (if you start from the bottom). If not, there is always those neat Simon Marsden calendars. Not vintage, but definitely awesome photography.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've been doing this for ages -- we have a big stack of old Texaco calendars from the family gas station, from the forties thru the sixties, and I can always manage to find one that fits the current year for my kitchen. Right now, the 1952 edition is on display.

calendar.jpg

For this year I am using the 1952 Lake Shore Nash Dealership calendar from Erie PA... It is (was) the 50 year anniversary calendar for Nash.

THe best thing is above their dealer address (149 East 10th Street) it reads; "Across from the Sears" which is one of those 'Oh yeah, everybody knows where the Sears is in 1952!'

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've done this a few times, but couldn't find one for 2008. I did however, just pick this up:
1942calendarr1230.jpg

*Since this picture came out so large, I guess you guys could print this for yourselves!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the reminder, John: I just realized I hadn't yet changed my (nonvintage) calendar from July to August. :rolleyes: lol

Good find, flat-top. Now you have a match for this year. :)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld