Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1930s Dobbs long nap fur fedora 7 1/8--7 1/4

furfeltfettish

New in Town
Up for auction is my 1930's Dobbs long napp fedora with blue-green fur. It has a patent stamp on the band of May 19, 1931. Great condition with a 2 7/8 brim, 5 in crown. interior measures 22 3/8.

I appologise that pic would not upload, nor a link for some reason. On ebay first day of 7 day auction 11/14/11. Listing #14064156914

THANKS

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my auction photos for this hat. It's a big ebay policy violation, not to mention that the professional photographer I use takes serious issue with unauthorized reproduction of his copyrighted work. It is, after all, how he makes his living.

Also, when you say:
It is not clear if this hat ever had a liner; many hats of the depression era were sold unlined to cut down on cost and selling price, as well as to save on weight.
it makes it sound like this hat never had a liner, when there are clear remnants of a liner that was cut out under the sweatband.
IMG_9265.jpg

furfeltfettish

New in Town
my appologies all around, I wasnt aware of copywrighting of the images. your photos were obviously surperior to mine and I just wanted to do the hat proper justice, again sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe