Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Village Hat Shop

Jfala

Familiar Face
Fred,

It is a shame if you feel that you are being run off. Most of us do not feel that you are simply being a shill for VHS, plus we all know your perspective going into this.

I started this thread in hopes of getting some good info on a store that I was interested in visiting. The thread has exceeded my expectations and your involvement proves that there are business owners out there who do want to listen to their customers.

By the way, here are some pics of my hat from VHS (sorry for the quality):

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
Feltfan,

I agree. I have no problem with anything that Fred wrote and hope to hear more from him. I was a little put off by Nonentity's take that everyone was kissing up to Fred after he posted. I didn't think that was case. As far as I was concerned, those that responded in a positive fashion did so because they were happy VHS customers who enjoyed hearing from Fred. It's always nice to see someone who runs a business take the time to chat with customers. ;)

hipster

New in Town
VHS

I'm also new here. I have not purchased on line, although I have dealt with there Long beach store. My experience was just fine and I would buy from them.
About 3 weeks ago I called to see if they had a Stetson open road, they didnt but another store did. They took my number, and 3 days later I received a call that it was in. I did not purchase because I'm didnt care for the quality of the stetson and the fit ( which is no fault of VHS).

As for the cheap hats, I wear them as well. When it's party time, concerts, or sporting events, I still wear a hat, and I dont want to destroy an expensive hat.

I've distroyed to many hats. I went to a Ray Charles concert at the hollywood bowl with my wife. Got totally loaded and spilled wine all over my panama straw. Very nice.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to call to see if a certain hat is available.
There are not many hat vendors in Socal, so I'll support them as long as the experience is positive. By the way, I'm currently in the waiting stages of an Art Fawcett as well.

Take that Mr. MBA.

citRon

A-List Customer
Jfala said:
Fred,

It is a shame if you feel that you are being run off. Most of us do not feel that you are simply being a shill for VHS, plus we all know your perspective going into this.

I started this thread in hopes of getting some good info on a store that I was interested in visiting. The thread has exceeded my expectations and your involvement proves that there are business owners out there who do want to listen to their customers.

By the way, here are some pics of my hat from VHS (sorry for the quality):

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

what hat is this?? -looks great!

Jfala

Familiar Face
citRon,

Sorry, I thought that I had put the description in the pics (shouldn't post late at night) :D

Yes, it's my new Stetson Royal Temple in Mink. 100% rabbit felt, soft, yet firm with a 2 3/8" snap brim. Really nice and comfortable.

- Jeff

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Jfala said:
citRon,

Sorry, I thought that I had put the description in the pics (shouldn't post late at night) :D

Yes, it's my new Stetson Royal Temple in Mink. 100% rabbit felt, soft, yet firm with a 2 3/8" snap brim. Really nice and comfortable.

- Jeff

Glad to hear from another happy owner of a Stetson Temple. I have two, and one Pinnacle (same hat in beaver fur). I'm more than satisfied with mine, too! :)

Ryan

Familiar Face
So did I read it right? VHS sells to those seeking "mediocre quality with a priority on low price." Hell, I thought everyone liked to find the best deal they could. So the folks on FL who have bought a new Stetson, Dobbs, Bailey, Biltmore, Tilley, Akubra hat (to name a few SOLD by VHS) are buying mediocre hats? I don't think I read it right but if so, that's an absurd comment. I'd agree some of their prices are not great but a quick search shows they are better priced than some of the other online folks. VHS has has a nice website with some good info. I've also dealt with the manager at Sac and she has always been helpful.

Doh!

One Too Many
I own a Jaxon Monk and Iconoclast -- the latter being my rain hat. It's held its shape through many a downpour.

VHS is actually a great place to start a hat collection. The prices are reasonable enough not to scare off first-time buyers. Once you get that monkey on your back you can always switch to the hard stuff (I got the Iconoclast for about $45 on sale; my last hat was purchased at Hollywood Hatters and ran me $135).

J.B.

Practically Family
Hey Non...

The dean just called.

He regrets to inform you that the college board has rescinded your MBA degree. It seems that the following courses were inadvertently omitted from your curriculum:
  • Making Internet Friends
  • Tact 101
  • Boorish Behavior-Modification Strategies
The good news is that despite your unfortunate invalidation, the fellows in your graduating class have voted that you simply must retain your "Most Likely To Presume To Speak For A Group" title! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe