Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very Lightly worn Original Poughkeepsie A2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having owned several Poughkeepsie A2s this is the best I have seen in terms of condition. It has only be lightly worn in the War and has not been used by a vet to paint his house. There are a few small moth nips in the knits which I have dealt with. The leather is strong and supple with all its original finish. As a size 44 it is the correct fit for me and is very comfortable jacket.

004-56.jpg

005-63.jpg

006-65.jpg

007-64.jpg

009-70.jpg

010-67.jpg

011-64.jpg

014-61.jpg

015-64.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
Woo Hoo! You keep doing it. What a find. Is your normal size a 42 or a 44 in "modern" day jackets? My normal size is a 42, but I find I usually need to go up to a 44 for the older military jackets.

I have a Poughkeepsie on order from John. Hopefully it will be getting here pretty soon.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Peacoat said:
Woo Hoo! You keep doing it. What a find. Is your normal size a 42 or a 44 in "modern" day jackets? My normal size is a 42, but I find I usually need to go up to a 44 for the older military jackets.

I have a Poughkeepsie on order from John. Hopefully it will be getting here pretty soon.

I'm a 38-40 chest but have broad shoulders and a long upper body, and I find most wartime 44s fit me best.

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Andrew,
I forgot to ask... Which War do you mean? Current Afghanistan War? Or second Golf War ;) ;) .
Your jacket is so great it must be of a recent batch.
Thanks for shearing.
Andy

too much coffee

Practically Family
andy richards said:
Hi Andrew,
I forgot to ask... Which War do you mean? Current Afghanistan War? Or second Golf War ;) ;) .
Your jacket is so great it must be of a recent batch.
Thanks for shearing.
Andy

Actually Andy, it's WWII vintage manufactured by Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Company.
Cheers, coffee

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Dang it. I haven't got the right shape ( never had it and never will) to fit an A2 that well. I always looked like the ball turret gunner who got a jacket either too big or too small with no in between sizes. :(

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
I live right near Poughkeepsie New York. I have never heard of the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Factory. I'm sure it is long gone. I do have a Cockpit A-2 that I just bought last winter.

Peacoat

Bartender
Spoonbelly said:
I live right near Poughkeepsie New York. I have never heard of the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Factory. I'm sure it is long gone. I do have a Cockpit A-2 that I just bought last winter.

Yep, it's long, long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82