Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VB Airshow

MPicciotto

Practically Family
So this past weekend was spent at one of the great new air show's taking place along the East Coast of the United States. The owner of http://fighterfactory.com/ set up a museum outside of Virginia Beach and now every spring shows off his collection. That's where my new avatar pic came from. More pictures to follow.

Matt

lritger

New in Town
Matt, it was *GREAT* to meet you and the other guys this weekend... I had a real blast, and got some pretty fantastic pics out of the deal as well. :) I'll wait to post'em until you've had a chance to get yours up here.

Hope you have a great time at Reading, and I look forward to meeting up with you guys again soon!

Cheers,

Lynn

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Lynn don't hesitate to post some pics. Here are a couple to get things rolling:

dscn2146.jpg

dscn2136.jpg

dscn2133.jpg

Matt

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Yup that's Donnie! Who else could pull of a red fez and smoking jacket? The Malaria Madhouse is recreated from a sign that hung one of the basha's in India at the air base of the 490th Bomb Squadron. Burma Bridge Busters.

Matt

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know how long this show will be open to the public? I'll be heading home(VB) for a visit toward the end of Jume.

Thanks

MPicciotto

Practically Family
conrad5157 said:
Does anyone know how long this show will be open to the public? I'll be heading home(VB) for a visit toward the end of Jume.

Thanks

The "show" was only May 22-23. But the show is located at this museum:

www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/

Which I understand is open seven days a week. They have two very large hangers that house the majority of aircraft that were at the show. Between the hangers is a museum and gift shop where you can see a prototype "Jeep" and also an actual V1 rocket. Don't forget to go upstairs and see the Enigma machine too. Nearly all of the aircraft at the show are owned by that museum you can see most of them any day you make it. You just won't get to see the reenactors. For that you will have to look here for pics by Lynn or myself.

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe