Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular music opinions

rue

Yes, thank you both :)

Not that I think anyone was aiming anything at me, but my apologies for not being very serious sometimes. When I feel a heated discussion will arise I try to use a little humor to lighten the air.

Anyway it's James' fault ;)

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
Not that I think anyone was aiming anything at me, but my apologies for not being very serious sometimes. When I feel a heated discussion will arise I try to use a little humor to lighten the air.

Aiming at you? Not at all. I just found their posts very engaging.

There's only a problem when people take themselves too seriously : )

rue

Right. You started the thread. My opinions should be unpopular as that is what this is all about.:p

Just messing with you :p :D

People fall into two camps:

A) You can't argue taste.
B) Taste is the only thing worth arguing.

So true :)

There's only a problem when people take themselves too seriously : )

Exactly.
Oh and I know you weren't aiming anything at me, I was just putting that out there :)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
After reading through this thread I know that this will be an unpopular music opinion: I like a lot of the bands, singers, and musicians being trashed here. I may not like everything a particular band or singer might have done, but still I do like a lot of music from the '40s through the '80s. I kind of lost touch with new music when I went overseas at the end of 1990 but there's been a bit I've enjoyed. I can say that as a whole I don't really care for Disco, Hip-Hop, Rap, or Country.

Oh, well, at least two of my favorite bands haven't even been mentioned yet but that's probably because they weren't mega-bands like the Beatles or the Stones.

At the moment I'm listening to Billy Joel.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Al Yankovic is an underappreciated genius.:cool:

After reading through this thread I know that this will be an unpopular music opinion: I like a lot of the bands, singers, and musicians being trashed here. I may not like everything a particular band or singer might have done, but still I do like a lot of music from the '40s through the '80s. I kind of lost touch with new music when I went overseas at the end of 1990 but there's been a bit I've enjoyed. I can say that as a whole I don't really care for Disco, Hip-Hop, Rap, or Country.

Oh, well, at least two of my favorite bands haven't even been mentioned yet but that's probably because they weren't mega-bands like the Beatles or the Stones.

At the moment I'm listening to Billy Joel.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Al Yankovic is an underappreciated genius.:cool:

[video=youtube;t2mU6USTBRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE[/video]:eek:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I know but it disturbs me that you didn't say anything about disco. :p;)
Perhaps you need some memory refreshment:
[video=youtube;-opY4qcidFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opY4qcidFk[/video]
I am not responsible for ear bleeding or heart attacks. I warned you. :eeek::p

Wow, orange jump suits, just like Tavares! Seriously, when we'd go to a disco club or school dance, and that song came on, we had to get on the floor! Say what you want, but disco brought a lot of different people together (hey, in the video did you see the older guy in the fedora?), and it didn't have to rely on foul lyrics about gang warfare, dusting off cops, and treating women like objects.

rue

I know but it disturbs me that you didn't say anything about disco. :p;)
Perhaps you need some memory refreshment:

I am not responsible for ear bleeding or heart attacks. I warned you. :eeek::p

I'm not going to say that I love disco or that I would buy any of the music, but it reminds me of my young mom and her friends practicing how to dance to it while my friends and I watched. Good childhood memories override any taste issues for me in this case ;)

Berlin

Practically Family
Trust me. I don't hate you, because I never liked them either, but I will say that personally Gene Simmons is a genius.
You're too sweet to hate anyway :)

You are making me blush, lady :eek:

I was planning to say that Boney M is on my list too. And at the moment I wanted to write it down, I heared he died this morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe