Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

rue

A Streetcar named Desire... most depressing movie ever. I wanted to like it, but I guess it bothered me to know that the Blanche character reflected what was going on with the actress herself. I'm not really a big Marlon Brando fan anyway except for in the Godfather movies.

I like them, but I like Stan and Ollie better :) Did I pass??

Well, not completely. Stan and Ollie are less slapstick than The Three Stooges. However I am impressed that you even like them. Most women just don't get them at all. :p:D

Richard to Tommy: I can actually hear you getting fatter. lol

Oh geez! Said as he was squirting ketchup directly into his mouth after eating fries. :eeek::p

rue

Well, not completely. Stan and Ollie are less slapstick than The Three Stooges. However I am impressed that you even like them. Most women just don't get them at all. :p:D

I used to watch them as a kid (in the 70s) along with Popeye cartoons and the Little Rascals on the Tom Hatten show. Did you get that up north or was that just in L.A.? Anyway, I'm not like 'most' anything ;)

Oh geez! Said as he was squirting ketchup directly into his mouth after eating fries. :eeek::p
hehehehe.... "Housekeeping..." lol

rue

I looked them up and sad to say had never heard of them before. Amazing how many famous are now mostly forgotten. Thank you for making me aware of them :)

Oh and I just figured where your quote came from Lizzie! Fred Waring came on and I immediately knew :eusa_doh:

MissMittens

One Too Many
HOW do you retain all of this information, Lizzie? Never heard of them before but I looked them up. I have to admit for comedy, I'm a Laurel and Hardy/Lloyd man myself

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
rue;1145261[COLOR="yellow" said:
]I used to watch them as a kid (in the 70s) along with Popeye cartoons and the Little Rascals on the Tom Hatten show.[/COLOR] Did you get that up north or was that just in L.A.? Anyway, I'm not like 'most' anything ;)

I remember watching Tom Hatten host those shows. He was dressed in sailor togs, I guess to tie in with the Popeye cartoons. He was later the relaxed and affable host of Family Film Festival, which my leaky memory recalls was heavy with Shirley Temple or Gloria Jean fare.

Tom can be glimpsed in Miracle on 34th Street as the helpful attendant directing shoppers to another store.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I remember watching Tom Hatten host those shows. He was dressed in sailor togs, I guess to tie in with the Popeye cartoons. He was later the relaxed and affable host of Family Film Festival, which my leaky memory recalls was heavy with Shirley Temple or Gloria Jean fare.

Tom can be glimpsed in Miracle on 34th Street as the helpful attendant directing shoppers to another store.

I remember as a small boy seeing him, too. Hatton also hosted quite a few Universal Horror films on KTLA-5, in the 1980s. I still have a VHS of The Wolf Man, between which Hatton interviews Ralph Bellamy. I believe that he went to Hollywood High the same time as Ricky Nelson.

rue

I remember as a small boy seeing him, too. Hatton also hosted quite a few Universal Horror films on KTLA-5, in the 1980s. I still have a VHS of The Wolf Man, between which Hatton interviews Ralph Bellamy. I believe that he went to Hollywood High the same time as Ricky Nelson.

Well thank God you two remember him. I ask people all the time and they look at me like I'm nuts lol

I always wanted to send in the squiggly line to see what he would draw from it :)

I miss KTLA news :(

Anyway you never answered if I had passed the test Widebrim. Apparently I halfway did with James :p

I used to watch them as a kid (in the 70s) along with Popeye cartoons and the Little Rascals on the Tom Hatten show. Did you get that up north or was that just in L.A.? Anyway, I'm not like 'most' anything ;)

Yes, we had them up here as well. They were still funny. The Stooges transcended time. They started in Vaudeville, went to movies and ended up on TV and in movies again. Their careers spanned 50 years. If Moe were still alive today, he would still be doing the Maja bit to laughing audiences everywhere. He was still active until the 70s doing his bits alone. They were ubiquitous. Cartoons, comic books, movie reels you could buy, and dozens of other forms or merchandise. If you could imagine a The Stooges angle their faces were on it. Even balloons now that I think of it. :plol Every once in a while there will be a movie about them as well. Their influence on comedy is still felt today. However idiots like Sandler and such cannot do it without swearing or making a mockery of themselves. :rolleyes: Ok, Stooges rant over. :p
I agree you are definitely a one off. This is coming from a one of a kind though so I might be a little biased. :D
Housekeeping! lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe