Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twitch Sez

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is, indeed, sad that Twitch passed away; but I believe most here thought that would eventually be what we would discover.

I think it says a lot about the man that so many people who didn't really know him personally (and didn't even know his real name) would wonder for so long, and try so hard, to find out something about him.

It would be good if there were some way to let his family know just how concerned all the folks at the Fedora Lounge were for Twitch, and that they searched for several years to find out something. I think it would be a comfort to them to know that so many "strangers" cared so much.

Just got on here..and read the sad news.
What a sick feeling in my gut. Sorry..but that is the best way that I can express the feeling.
I suppose that I knew it was a great possibility all along.
Guess it makes it even more sad that I couldn't really say goodbye..but only mention that I was looking forward to his return to the forum someday after the healing. However,that private message,after his last post..still remains unopened.
Didn't personally know him....but I quickly picked up on a clever witty mind that would yet even resort to a little TomFoolery on a past lengthy thread of humorous back and forth banter here on TFL. It's funny how something so silly can make you feel that you were really getting to know someone,perhaps,beyond..or in spite of..the pretense of some more serious things. Seems his last post was the first post of this thread. I have..and will miss Twitch.
HD

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Now we know.

If I may, let me formulate a message from us to try to send along to his family (which we will track down). I'll post it here first. Thoughts?

(perfect idea, Big Man)

LaMedicine said:
I am sorry to read this.
It seems symbolic that the news became known on the day exactly a year from his death.
I feel honored to have been able to know him through this board, and shall miss him very much.

Yes..I noticed that too...and in a few days..two years since Twitch's last post here...as well.

Undertow

scotrace said:
Now we know.

If I may, let me formulate a message from us to try to send along to his family (which we will track down). I'll post it here first. Thoughts?

(perfect idea, Big Man)

Excellent idea, Scotrace; do post when you're finished and we can look it over.

I remember when he first opened this thread, and I thought, "God, I hope he'll be alright." I'd been wondering about him, so I went looking for the thread hoping someone had posted good news. :(

It's strange that a year later he should pass, and then two years later, we should find out - to the day.

It's also a little sad to review Marc's thread
Missing Loungers Whom You Miss
Twitch's name came up often.

Thoughts?

"We had the privilege of knowing Jim but briefly; in his too-short time among us he was a highly-regarded member of our little community, both for his serious information and his ability to inject a spark of humor when needed."

I was thinking of drafting a letter myself to fire off, Scot; PM me your email (or, since you have Admin access look me up and send me one), and once I get it finished I'll send you the draft and you can lift whatever you like off it.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Message, yes. Great idea.

Scotrace, maybe you can PM anyone who wants the family's address (or someone who can forward); so those who knew him better can also send an actual letter?

After I logged off last night, I noticed the date... Sad, but in a way, fitting?

RIP Twitch. :(

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Having just joined recently, I was not honored in having "met" Twitch but when a man is thought of by his fellow loungers as fondly as he then I am sorry to have missed his banter.
Yes, please, send word to his family from us here...from those who knew him here as well as from those who of us who wished we had.

Undertow

HoosierDaddy said:
Yep...and then some of us tend to bicker about the small stuff...and take it to heart. Perhaps..the more serious stuff should make us all stop and think a little...
HD

Isn't that the truth. On the other hand, it also reminds me of what a great community we have, and what excellent guys and gals you all are. No kidding.

Mike in Seattle

fluteplayer07 said:
Well, a search on his actual name produced something. It turns out that Jim passed on August 30, 2009.

Good night and God Bless. :cry: :(

Sincerely,

How...ironic...spooky...wildly coincidental that we found out his true name, and from that, that he had passed, on the 1 year anniversary of his death.

RIP, Twitch! You're missed!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
Just got on here..and read the sad news.
What a sick feeling in my gut. Sorry..but that is the best way that I can express the feeling.
I suppose that I knew it was a great possibility all along.
Guess it makes it even more sad that I couldn't really say goodbye..but only mention that I was looking forward to his return to the forum someday after the healing. However,that private message,after his last post..still remains unopened.
Didn't personally know him....but I quickly picked up on a clever witty mind that would yet even resort to a little TomFoolery on a past lengthy thread of humorous back and forth banter here on TFL. It's funny how something so silly can make you feel that you were really getting to know someone,perhaps,beyond..or in spite of..the pretense of some more serious things. Seems his last post was the first post of this thread. I have..and will miss Twitch.
HD

Yeah, that Stream of Consciousness was really fun. :( Here we were in different parts of the country, different experiences, different ages, but we created something that flowed so smoothly as though we were in the same room in a jam session. That thread could never be resurrected in the same camaraderie without Twitch.

Lincsong said:
Yeah, that Stream of Consciousness was really fun. :( Here we were in different parts of the country, different experiences, different ages, but we created something that flowed so smoothly as though we were in the same room in a jam session. That thread could never be resurrected in the same camaraderie without Twitch.

Yep..many would occasionally contribute to it. Remember squirrelhat (wasn't that his moniker)?..deanglen/glendean(one of them was the clone)...even heavenlyhadley would grace us with her presence(twitch would most always upset her a little accidentally on purpose;) )along with a couple of the other girls from time to time. To some I'm sure it was irritating sillyness...but to others it could be surprisingly quite funny what some members could come up with.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82