Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouble Connecting to the Lounge?

Flieger

Practically Family
Not before noon local time

For three days in row I have not been able to log on to the Lounge before 12.00 am. At 12.01 it's like someone unlocked the door and let me in. [huh]

Flieger

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Since the latest crash I've been having lots of trouble connecting as well. The server "couldn't be found" until 4 p.m today. My nerves...

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Have any of you still suffering problems (and familiar enough with computers) got a copy of the IP if you try and ping the site, or a copy of the tracert?

GWD

One Too Many
I don't know if it has anything to do with the same problems with the server, but I've noticed that while I am connected, the Lounge seems to be slower when going from topic to topic.

An example is, it took almost 20 seconds for me to post this.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
Couldn't connect at work but found it first try when I got home tonight. Crazy, I tell ya! [huh]

-dixon cannon

Funny, I've been having the opposite problem. Good at work but no go at home and I'm within a mile of work there. Go figure.

Cheers!

Dan

cooncatbob

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Funny, I've been having the opposite problem. Good at work but no go at home and I'm within a mile of work there. Go figure.

Cheers!

Dan

I was fine yesterday 8/25/08 till I tried to connect at 4:48 PM then I got the Firefox can't connect with the server. I tried refreshing the page numerous time to no avail, the around 8 PM I could hook up fine. :confused:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I am able to get on the site only mid day up until about 6 or 7PM Pacific Time, but am locked out in the morning and at night[huh]

olive bleu

One Too Many
Zohar said:
Those of you still having problems that know how to modify your DNS settings on your computer, try using this IP address as your DNS.

The likely problem is probably related to some folks' ISPs not updating their DNSs fast enough. MissNeecerie explained it in layman's terms over in the thread regarding the move. Changing it to 4.2.2.1 may potentially fix the problem, if you're familiar enough with your networking settings to change it. If not, it will probably just take some time for the new server's IP address to propagate to your ISP's DNS. Sorry for all the acronyms.

I tried this,and it didn't work, but maybe i didn't really know what i was doing.;) I tried refreshing the page.nothing. I started trying about 2 hours ago and just got on now. I really don't obsess about these things normally, i do believe it will work itself out, 'cept my kids left the house with their uncle a couple hours ago and my time is nearly up:cry:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Today is the first time since the crash that I've been able to get on before 10 P.M., so hopefully things are getting back to normal.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Zohar said:
Anybody having trouble today?
So far, so good. Yesterday was the first day post-most-recent-crash that I was able to log on every time I tried.

/taps ruby slipper heels together three times

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Excellent news.

We haven't changed anything here, so it seems our theory about the domain name servers taking a little while to update may be true.

*crosses fingers*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust