Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trimble Fedora

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got this on ebay last night. It's a trimble, which I guess is some little custom maker or a hat company that went out of business or something. I've never heard of them, have you?

I hope it's the right size, as it was listed funky.

6525_1.jpg

65c8_1.jpg

6673_1.jpg

6725_1.jpg

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaiddirnb.php?dir=EAD/faid2000&aid=mg1567"]http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaiddirnb.php?dir=EAD/faid2000&aid=mg1567

That has some info, though it said that they were located in Jersey.

Not really sure about the company, never seen a Trimble, but what I do know is that you've got a fine hat there.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I almost dropped the hammer on that myself

Tho' I was glad to see you get it Dinerman.
Look in the listings & you will find a currently listed or recently ended auction for a Trimble western, but these are the only two I have ever seen. Looks very Whppet-ish tho', eh? If it proves to be too large for ya'... my mailbox is but a keystroke away!

Nice acquisition!

R

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Good one!

I was poised to bid on it during the last couple of minutes but then I checked the name of the current bidder... and it was dinerjunk! So I stepped back and watched. You got it for a great price!

Congrats!
Tom

EricH

One of the Regulars
I almost bid on that as well. Had I not other financial commitments you may not have been as lucky;) The Trimble I have is a good hat. Mine is called the Daytonian and was made under contract for a department store that started here in the Twin Cities called Dayton's. It has since been absorbed by Macy's though you may be familiar with one of its offspring, Target. The markings indicated that my Trimble was was made in Minneapolis. I have also seen information indicating it was out east. Perhaps the hat body was manufactured in one location and sent out to regional locations to have linings or other details added. The quality reminds me of Lee or one of any of the mainstream hatmakers of the day. The special fit they lead with is little more than embossing the leather and punching some additional holes for ventilation. Enjoy the hat! Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe