Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:
My "ultimate" trench. Heavy material with a button out wool lining.

It has interior slanted pockets, in the same position as the outside handwarmers. I can only assume this is to facilitate it being worn draped over the shoulders? My M-69 Transport Coat has this same feature.

Button under lapel for re-buttoning gun flap. Nice V shape to the button front.

I found a full soft pack of old unfiltered chesterfields in one of the pockets.

Nice coat. I really like the shape of the collar.

Stay away from the Chesterfields -- they'll kill ya'.

Mark

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thrifted this made in England Brooks Brothers trench a couple of weeks ago. It has a belt, although you can't see it.

img2346g.jpg

img2348qv.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_038010230078_-1

I'm currently drooling over the above...

(Well, unfortunately couldn't get that to link properly...working on it!)

Feraud

Bartender
The Selvedge Yard has a blog entry on the iconic trenchcoat.
Some good pics shown too..
Having spent years ridin’ the rails on the commuter train in-and-out of Manhattan, there are clearly two leading outerwear icons that are inescapable– the Barbour Beaufort, and the timeless Burberry Trench. Both are must-haves for the Northeastern climate in terms of their functionality, versatility and style. It’s not uncommon at all the see a Barbour over a sportcoat or suit, although I oft feel the length and proportions are somewhat off– not to mention I like to keep the Barbour waxed within an inch of it’s life, and therefore it’s not exactly the best companion for co-mingling with tailored clothing. For me, there’s nothing better than seeing a seasoned, well put-together professional sporting the old school classic essentials– Ghurka bag, Burberry trench, J. Press suit, and cordovans. The trench is tearin’ up the runway right now, but don’t buy it for the reviews– wear it for its epic merits.

Now, if only proper headwear would make a comeback– and I’m not talking about knit caps.
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.co...mafia-iconic-outerwear-thats-always-in-style/

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's a really great lookin coat, G.

The buckle looks fine, though if you wanted to be anal you could try to find something to match the buttons. Half the time, I wear my trench unbuttoned with the belt ends stuffed in the pockets. [huh]

GWD

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
The buckle looks fine, though if you wanted to be anal you could try to find something to match the buttons. Half the time, I wear my trench unbuttoned with the belt ends stuffed in the pockets. [huh]

I've never wanted to be anal, obsessive or compulsive, the search continues. :rage:

GWD

One Too Many
sproily said:
That is one extremely beautiful trench!! Very nice. :eek: :eusa_clap

Love the shoes by the way.. what are they?

Allen Edmonds, Winhall, in Burbon and Bone. I'm not sure if they ever went into production in those colors. They are the only ones I've ever seen. You can get a better look here.

PKM101

New in Town
French trench?

Any ideas on this one?

I am no leather expert, but it feels "heavy" to me. Military? Commercial?

The name and "Toulon" lead me to believe it spent some time in France...

THANKS

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Second picture.
It looks like it says Str.
If that is right it might be of danish/scandinavian origin.
Str. is short for Størrelse (Size).

Might be a clue - but what it's been doing in france is still a puzzel.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Has it got any date? or a way to age it?

I am thinking maritime ..... for no very good reason. Probably just because Toulon is such a big naval port.

PKM101

New in Town
Hmmm

Could "4-55" be how dates are done for Danish/Scandanavin clothing? I have a 50's era French Mil clothing item w/ similar date format. "4/53"

There is a pic missing and I will get it posted, it is a "46", just on the inside flap, about breast level. I always presumed it meant a size.

Thanks everyone!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Well - it could be: April 1955.
But then on the other hand, if "Str" stands for size, it's kind of strange.
Size: April, 1955. ???:eusa_doh:

Size 4 could be a internal/military sizesystem - but then 55 sounds strange, since all sizes in Denmark follow the european system: -40-42-44-46-48 etc.

I give up.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe