Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torontonians?

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
@sixsexsix :eusa_clap
Thanks for the tip about the movie nights, I'll have to check that out. Silent films are my fave, I admit! Finally back in town from Florida, so still getting myself organised - and freezing my tuckus off, when did the temp drop?? :p

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
What's not to love? Toronto is truly international. My bro lives in NYC and he and his friends are still convinced we have more cultural diversity than them. Also it's a safe city with very few if any "bad" neighbourhoods. And you can have the best of both worlds living in a large international city and yet it feels small town somehow with all the mini cities within it like Greektown, Little Italy (College and St. Clair), Chinatown, Queen West, the beaches, the Kingsway, etc.

I have travelled all over the world and will never move or leave as we have everything here and Canadian hospitality, charm and manners.

botty

Familiar Face
I'm a part time Toronto resident. My wife is working there so I visit every couple of months from England.

Thrift shops were mentioned earlier in the thread. I would love to be given some leads to interesting shops in Toronto I could explore while I am there.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I'm a part time Toronto resident. My wife is working there so I visit every couple of months from England.

Thrift shops were mentioned earlier in the thread. I would love to be given some leads to interesting shops in Toronto I could explore while I am there.

Hi there, definitely check out Gadabout. I believe it was already mentioned earlier. And of course Kensington Market!
X
BD

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I made it back to downtown TO recently to pick up my uncle at Union Station. It brought back lots of memories as my father, who died in 2008 aged 87, used to work at the Spadina Coach yards, now gone and covered in baseball diamonds and the like! I can't see myself ever living there again, but I should take the family down for a long weekend of sightseeing, and vintage shopping!

DNO

One Too Many
Hello Retro and Mugwump.

I'm a Scarborough boy myself.

If you remember the alley scenes in "A Christmas Story" (i.e. running past the bully), they were shot on Sears Street down near Leslie and Eastern. It's really just an alleyway itself and since they've closed the car wreckers, it's lost a lot of its Christmas Story look.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe