Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top 10 Comic Actors of All Time

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Andy Kaufman
Peter Sellers
Gene Wilder
Jerry Lewis
Lucille Ball
Peter Cooke & Dudley Moore (Not Only .. But Also)
Marx Bros.
John Cleese
Mel Brooks & Carl Reiner (2000 Year Old Man, et al)
Gilda Radner
Redd Foxx

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Jerry Lewis. Hands down.

Chaplin, Keaton, Groucho Marx, Lucille Ball.

I think Cary Grant did dead brilliant comedy, and so did Katharine Hepburn. Steve Martin in his hay-day, Tom Hanks in his hay-day.

John Cleese, yes.
Gene Wilder.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Thanks Dave. How did I know you would know who he is?
Rochester:
eddieanderson.jpg

You don't know who he is?! I bet you don't know he was also in Gone with the Wind. ;-)

Regards,

J

Eddie "Rochester" Anderson. Jack Benny's sidekick. He was in Topper Returns, with Roland Young, Joan Blondel and Billie Burke (remember Glinda, the Good Witch?)

My List, in no particular order:

The Marx Brothers
Bob Hope
Abbott and Costello
Cary Grant
Laurel and Hardy
Lucille Ball
Katharine Hepburn
Eddie "Rochester" Anderson
Don Knotts
Danny Kaye (more song and dance, but still funny.)

I've also seen Billie Burke in some comedic roles.

Lee

Rafter

Suspended
Charlie Chaplin
Buster Keaton
Harold Lloyd
Lucille Ball
Jerry Lewis
Jackie Gleason
Jack Lemmon
Walter Mathau
Peter Sellers
Terry Thomas

And
Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy
The Marx Brothers

pretty faythe

One Too Many
We talkin' slapstick here, than Mr Noodles, Mr Noodles Brother Mr Noodles, and Mr Noodels Sister Ms Noodles.

But seriously I did like Mr Noodles Brother Mister Noodles aka Micheal Jeters, Mr Noodles aka Bill Irwin aka the Clown Prince (very slapstick), Robin Williams, Bing Crosby, Charlie Chaplin, of course Danny Kaye, love love love love love Danny Kaye!!!!

Zig2k143

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
We talkin' slapstick here, than Mr Noodles, Mr Noodles Brother Mr Noodles, and Mr Noodels Sister Ms Noodles.

But seriously I did like Mr Noodles Brother Mister Noodles aka Micheal Jeters, Mr Noodles aka Bill Irwin aka the Clown Prince (very slapstick), Robin Williams, Bing Crosby, Charlie Chaplin, of course Danny Kaye, love love love love love Danny Kaye!!!!

Bill Irwin and Michael Jeters are / were amazing actors... poor Michael Jeters have passed on...

Yea who could forget Danny Kaye... :)

Rafter

Suspended
pretty faythe said:
But seriously I did like Robin Williams, Bing Crosby, Charlie Chaplin, of course Danny Kaye, love love love love love Danny Kaye!!!!
Bing Crobsy......I never thought he was funny!
Don't you mean Bill Cosby?

As for Danny Kaye, I found him very silly and disliked the gibberish songs (written by his wife) that he did in many of his films. The only film that I could tolerate Kaye in was, Hans Christian Anderson. And that was in a non comic role.

The last time I remember seeing Kaye was on The Cosby Show. He was a dentist. One of the funniest episodes....especially Rudy's friend Peter who refused to open his mouth!!

peter.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Rafter said:
Bing Crobsy......I never thought he was funny!
Don't you mean Bill Cosby?

As for Danny Kaye, I found him very silly and disliked the gibberish songs (written by his wife) that he did in many of his films. The only film that I could tolerate Kaye in was, Hans Christian Anderson. And that was in a non comic role.

The last time I remember seeing Kaye was on The Cosby Show. He was a dentist. One of the funniest episodes....especially Rudy's friend Peter who refused to open his mouth!!

peter.jpg
For shame, you speak evilnesss.. no I meant Crosby. Any hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... for each her own opinion! :p

MrNewportCustom said:
Eddie "Rochester" Anderson. Jack Benny's sidekick. He was in Topper Returns, with Roland Young, Joan Blondel and Billie Burke (remember Glinda, the Good Witch?)

Topper Returns is probably one of the funniest movies of all time in part due to Eddie Anderson. Him sitting on that chair twice and falling into the water. lol
His expression when he was walking with Topper and the invisible someone between them. lol lol
He was a master of facial expression and body movement. He could make you laugh with just a look. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

Zig2k143

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
wait, wait, wait....John Lovitz being the red m&m, I haven't really like the red m&m since John stopped being the voice....ok, I'm nuts.........yup

John's small part in "A League of their own" which was a great movie...

Ernie Capadino: Yeah, I'm just going home, grab a shower and shave, give the wife a little pickle-tickle, and I'm on my way.

Warden

One Too Many
A couple of great British comics

1. Tommy Cooper

tommy.jpg

Rod Hull and Emu

Classic comic and what an exit, falling off the roof of your house.

02309JRodHull_228x297.jpg

Harry

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Warden said:
A couple of great British comics

1. Tommy Cooper

tommy.jpg

Rod Hull and Emu

Classic comic and what an exit, falling off the roof of your house.

02309JRodHull_228x297.jpg

Harry

I'm a big Ronnie Barker fan myself.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As foar as the old timers go, for me it's W.C. Fields, 3 Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Marx Bros. All the rest aren't that funny to me so I can't make a top 10 list at all.[huh]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Second bananas

How about some of the second banana guys? I love guys like James Finlayson, Billy Gilbert, Benny Rubin, etc., the recipients of the pies in the face.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe