Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To all the guys on East Coast of USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisBailie

Banned
Make sure you clean off your wifes' golf shoes tonight.

Remember she has to go out early tomorrow to clean off the cars, trucks. and driveways. You sure don't want her to slip and damage the vehicles.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I think there is an interesting discussion to be had about humour and differences between the two sides of the Ocean, but not in the Outerwear thread.

Enough keystrokes wasted on this already.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
Nope..not a bit of humor found with this thread on this side of the pond either. I guess the outerwear match is something to do with shoes. [huh]

Apologies HD, I did not think there would be. I was referring to Dr H's reference to Bernard Manning. There were a group of comedians that appeared on primetime TV here that, when viewed today, is astonishing.

By and large, I find American comedy, especially what you have on mainstream TV, is much better than in the UK. There are notable exceptions and I would genuinely be interested in discussing humour, but not in the outerwear forum.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think British humor tends to be understated with a wink of the eye, whereas American humor is generally more "slapsticks" (think Charlie Chaplin or John Belushi in Animal House). I haven't the foggiest what point LouisBailie was trying to make.

Mark

Practically Family
Have studied, read & reread #1 post and I still don't get it. Every now and again you can come across a post like this, kinda adds an interesting dimension to the forum me thinks :confused:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Golf, spikes, snow and ice... making her do it when we all know that "we" do the ice and snow... eh.... I "get" the joke but it's neither offensive enough nor funny enough to bother me or make me laugh. He does enough to earn the enmity he gets but this is not down to the usual standards... let it pass.

Worf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82