Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Philco, no question. Zeniths look pretty but those under-engineered power transformers and those 6X4 rectifiers will get you sooner or later, and then "poof."

3L-4N dialing or 2L-5N dialing?

6X5.

The 6X4 was the miniature version.;)

I absolutely agree, but still like my Super IX, great performer. Of course it is a battery set. As far as performance is concerned it gives the Grebe Synchrophase and the Radiola Super-Hetrodyne a real run for their money.

I use 3L-4N, but I'd prefer two or three digit, suffix (as in "Central, 247, Short rings, please!)

"Hang up!" or "Ring Off!"?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I don't care about cachet. I hate when they blend perfectly good Alberfeldy to make the blends that are inferior to the single malt.:eusa_doh: DeWars has done some very wierd things lately as well---less quality more quantity. :eusa_doh:

Have they changed it?

I'm still working on a few 'Nineties vintage cases that I ended up with after a friend's restaurant went under. Not a heavy drinker, mself

Hang up!

Alice Lon

[video=youtube;IYf2VquDV0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYf2VquDV0I[/video]

or Norma Zimmer?

[video=youtube;jE9pBIXkSjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE9pBIXkSjY[/video]

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Alice Lon.

A bit less sticky sweet, though Miss Zimmer was a fine singer indeed.

How does one inform Central that she may take down the connection if one does not "ring off"?

Transcribed, for there is little which is live that I care to listen to these days, sadly.

Roller brush or straight suction vacuum sweepers?

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Viva-Tonal, the best-sounding records of the 20s.

Moran or Mack?
(Why bring that up?)

Amen sister!

The surfaces are fine and durable, too.
I have some early Columbia masters pressed on those nice laminated surfaces (1901-1903 period Uncle Josh
and Quartette stuff issued on 1927 Harmony) and even these primitive things are outstanding.

Moran or Mack?

That would be like choosing between asking Ike or Mike, wouldn't it?

Jail House or Hades?

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Florence, I suppose.

I used to have a Duo-therm in my old work-shop. Anything would be better. Siegler made a unit which was far easier to light.

I would ask "Batswing" or "Fish-tail", but that question is too antique even for me, -SO- Wheeler and Woolsey or Olsen and Johnson?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
W&W all the way -- the destruction of the businessman's office in "Hips Hips Hooray" is one of the funniest sequences ever put on film, and "Diplomaniacs" is a work of pure demented genius. O&J had their moments, but so few of their best ones have been preserved.

Edgar Kennedy or Leon Errol?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
W&W all the way -- the destruction of the businessman's office in "Hips Hips Hooray" is one of the funniest sequences ever put on film, and "Diplomaniacs" is a work of pure demented genius. O&J had their moments, but so few of their best ones have been preserved.

Edgar Kennedy or Leon Errol?

KENNEDY!

Mohair velour or tapestry (upholstery)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82