Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Suburbs (at least to live -- the city can be a bit dodgy)

Beach?
omaha_beach_landing.jpg
mac.jpg

2011_spring_to_the_4th_July_109.jpg

or

Mountains?
donner-party.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Without a doubt, Pauli

[video=youtube;bzAW4YNLDRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzAW4YNLDRI[/video]

Luca: "Rule Number One in this kingdom: people owe, they pay."
Pauli: "Kingdom? Nevada is a state."
Luca: "Pauli, what do you have in here, huh? It's the kingdom of money, idiot."
Pauli: "Kinda makes me like a prince, huh, boss?"
Luca (shakes head): "Lead the way, Prince Charming."

John Santucci who played Pauli Taglia in Crime Story was an actual jewel thief who was originally hired by Michael Mann as technical adviser for the film Thief. Coincidentally, Dennis Farina (Mike Torello) had once arrested Santucci back when the former was a Chicago cop. When Santucci's acting career petered out in the 1990s he returned to his former occupation in Chicago where he was charged with multiple counts of theft by deception. In 1994 he pleaded guilty when he was caught carrying over 100 items that could be classed as burglar tools. John Santucci died in 2004 at age 63.

Crime Story: The Chicago or Vegas episodes?
Personally, I've always liked the Chicago episodes because they were grittier and more edgier than the show's later setting in Las Vegas. I do get a laugh out of one of the Vegas episodes where during a chase scene you can see a Carl's Jr. sign in the background. The first Carl's Jr. restaurant in Vegas opened sometime in the 1980s.

Last edited:
Platoon or Hamburger Hill?

Both movies are also notable for featuring Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker, in the case of Platoon, and Don Cheadle in Hamburger Hill when they were unknowns. My own preference is Hamburger Hill though there's one glaring inaccuracy: the helicopters have the high visibility markings from the early Vietnam period (1959-64) while the battle of Hamburger Hill took place in 1969.

Platoon: Deleted Scenes and Alternate Ending
(Warning: Strong Language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7KuOLVMk0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe