Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Fedora thing might be catchin' on after all

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Got to look on the bright side

I'm looking on the bright side. If fedora popularity picks up in May with the release of the latest Indiana Jones flick, then maybe by December some nice cast off fedoras will start showing up at the thrift stores. Pickings are somewhat slim around here as of late.:D

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
citRon said:
One of these days I'm going to point that out to one of them by saying "Oh, I see you're a fan of Minnie Pearle!" just to watch the look of confusion on their face. [huh]
"Hooowww-Deeee!" (That was my Minnie Pearle imitation).

indycop

I'll Lock Up
WideBrimm said:
I'm looking on the bright side. If fedora popularity picks up in May with the release of the latest Indiana Jones flick, then maybe by December some nice cast off fedoras will start showing up at the thrift stores. Pickings are somewhat slim around here as of late.:D
Hope some of them are pumpkinheads!:D :eusa_doh:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brad Bowers said:
Please, everyone, stop using OFAS! Use eBay for clarity and simplicity!

Brad
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Here, here! I second the motion...

I'm getting tired of having to type "OFAS is Our Favorite Auction Site, better known as Ebay!" Cute for awhile but it's becoming tiresome...

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
Here, here! I second the motion...

I'm getting tired of having to type "OFAS is Our Favorite Auction Site, better known as Ebay!" Cute for awhile but it's becoming tiresome...

is THAT what it means?! i've seen it thrown around here and NEVER had a clue as to what it meant! lol

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Philly hatters

Delthayre said:
They do seem to becoming commoner of late, even though they are leagues away from their lost ubiquity. I saw five men, only one of whom was elderly, wearing fedoras during the three quarters of an hour that I spent in the dingy basement that they dare to call Pennsylvania Station last Friday morning, then three more at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. I suppose that fashion might cease to leave my hat stranded and alone in crowds for a little while.

I'm imagining that I might have been one of those folks you saw in Philly sporting a hat. I wear a Fedora daily, and take the R3 into Suburban Station Daily. I'm as bald as a babies behind, and sport a somewhat "bikerish" fu man chu mustache. Was originally a goatee, but once every frigging middle aged yuppie in the world started sporting the bald head goatee look, I had to change up a bit. Which I imagine is what I'll do when the masses start hatting. I'll probably make some minor changes to separate myself from the rest. i.e. sport the spats, or make sure I'm always in top of the line or vintage head gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe