Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Toy's McCoy's BECK 666 or Real McCpy's Buco j-100 Order Help

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just from the photos, the JEANSDA looks ok to me. It is not too short or baggy at all. The sleeves also look much better as the sleeves on the Beck and Buco already look too wide on you without going one size up.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Just from the photos, the JEANSDA looks ok to me. It is not too short or baggy at all. The sleeves also look much better as the sleeves on the Beck and Buco already look too wide on you without going one size up.
I would agree that out of all of them, that one seems to fit the best. Still, custom may be the best route.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the advises.
JEANSDA 2-WAY Single Rider Jacket
0azS01S.jpg

http://imgur.com/0azS01S

I think among all your pics, this one is the closest to your ideal size, and good enough sleeve length, double zip is a nice feature
the only gripe is that HUGE zipper pull, what are they thinking...

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I'd like to order the BECK 666 or BUCO J-100.
(There were many J-100 share,but the BECK 666 is rarely to seem)
I can't sure the size 40 or 42.
anyone give me some advice please, Thanks!!

my height= 186cm (6'1) weight= 55 kg (166 pond)

The photo below is test in Size 40. (The store has no Size 42 in stock)
(The chest is OK in Sz 40, but worry about the sleeve and body length too short for me,
Sz 42 may become too loose in chest and bottom)

http://imgur.com/Dzjqvac
http://imgur.com/nLDoR3g
http://imgur.com/pRYvKFD

pRYvKFD

Dzjqvac

nLDoR3g

Are you already wearing lower rise jeans in this picture? IMO, if you are, I think the length seems ok because the jacket appears to be ending above the belt line and exposing it by a bit. The length of the JEANSDA seems the same as it is above your belt line as well. However, there is definitely too much loose leather on the back on the JEANSDA. You may wish to consider a bespoke piece.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Like others have said, changing the style of jeans you wear will make those jackets look a lot more proportional. I think the regular style RMC buco looks good, and it's a hell of a lot more elegant than the JEANSDA, even if the latter does fit you a tad better.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Like others have said, changing the style of jeans you wear will make those jackets look a lot more proportional. I think the regular style RMC buco looks good, and it's a hell of a lot more elegant than the JEANSDA, even if the latter does fit you a tad better.

Definitely agreed. It is the best looking jacket I have seen in the pictures.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Buco looks best I agree but it is baggy at the back and short in the sleeves. Your build is a little unusual can't be that many people six one who are so thin. I'm your height and pretty thin too but I'm thirty pounds on you. Unfortunately you'll need to go custom. But if you are young you may not want it tailored too trim or it probably won't fit you in 3-4 years. What is your ideal arm length? It looks like you need 26 inches or more.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The Buco looks best I agree but it is baggy at the back and short in the sleeves. Your build is a little unusual can't be that many people six one who are so thin. I'm your height and pretty thin too but I'm thirty pounds on you. Unfortunately you'll need to go custom. But if you are young you may not want it tailored too trim or it probably won't fit you in 3-4 years. What is your ideal arm length? It looks like you need 26 inches or more.
Yeah I was going to suggest going to Himel Bros or Aero or DD

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Aero's smallest sizes on the charts are 32 inches for chest. That would be quite suitable for you considering you are rather slim at 186cm and 55kg.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I suspect a 36/38 would fit, but custom length is still required. You say the Buco 40 was too tight in the chest. It seems you may need to acquire more knowledge about sizing leathers. New leather jackets can feel tight even when three sizes too big because of the stiffness and weight.

When I first bought jackets 30 years ago I bought a size 46 because I took the weight against my chest to be tightness. I was a 42 and when the jacket got softer it flopped about on me like a rubbish bag in the wind.

coolruehl

New in Town
I think the ideal arm length should be around 27 inches...But it will depend on the shoulder width.
If shoulder is 19 or 20 inches, may be the arm length can be short!

coolruehl

New in Town
I suspect a 36/38 would fit, but custom length is still required. You say the Buco 40 was too tight in the chest. It seems you may need to acquire more knowledge about sizing leathers. New leather jackets can feel tight even when three sizes too big because of the stiffness and weight.

When I first bought jackets 30 years ago I bought a size 46 because I took the weight against my chest to be tightness. I was a 42 and when the jacket got softer it flopped about on me like a rubbish bag in the wind.

Hmm~ The things i am worry about is the sleeve length~

My chest is 40 inches.

I was also try the second-hand SZ 38 j100 (it already breaks in), I really hard to zip it up~

The size 40 may fit well at the chest after breaks in~ But the sleeve length is the problem.

I think i should try to test the size 42... May be i can do more work out to increase my chest :)

Unless you are getting a super deal on these RMC jackets, I would consider going custom with Diamond Dave!
He will make a Shinki J100 to your measurements :)
See Technovox's thread.
Aero also do a "Buco" Board racer to custom sizing.
Himel- Amazing!!!!
He will also do custom at a similar cost to the Real McCoys.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I echo handymikes recommendation. Even if you can get a RMC at a discount, if it doesn't fit right, it doesn't fit right and it will nag you from day one....especially if its sleeves that are too short. Been there, done that...sold it at a loss lol

There are a lot of options out there these days, all with comparable quality, that allow customisation for the same price or less than an off the rack RMC. The quality is the same, they just don't have to make up the marketing and advertising spend that RMC do so they can offer the same quality for significantly less.

An Aero board racer specced as a Buco repo or a Diamond Dave repo are both great choices or if you can wait 2 years, a Good Wear Californian Racer.

To be perfectly honest, you look deadly cool in any of these jackets you posted... But I guess that may just be the abstinence from this place speaking, right now. lol My personal favorite of all these would be the Beck 666 but then again, I've always been so terribly biased towards that jacket. The sleeves may be a bit shirt, yeah, but then again, if you're not riding, I think you got the cool nailed down to a tee.

Padded J-100 is also super nice plus it's not as common as the straight one. Tremendous jackets, all of 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe