Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of the Art in Japanese Outerwear: Freewheelers and Co 2012-13 Collection!

Ishmael

Practically Family
Yes, that jacket is guaranteed to bring out your inner Dirk Diggler.

New pics from Freewheelers of the Dust Bowl. The Auburn hide is incredible. But I'm not sold on the knit collar.

PRT_0951_20130305_zpsa3d4117b.jpg

PRT_0950_20130305_zps7446a91d.jpg

More and better pics here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/osu2012-furuitate/archives/25061879.html

Ishmael

Practically Family
This is what I'm currently lusting after. FW Darius sack coat in Deerskin

83ba83a6_zpsdf264d1a.jpg

There is a pic in this month's clutch magazine of one of the FW guy's in a well worn in Darius and it is truly stunning. Beautiful patina.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

majormajor

One Too Many
It's like action man dolls when you were a kid. You mixed and matched the outfits. Some worked. Some looked a bit off. Some looked stupid.

The Japan designers seem to work the same way. They have all the pics of vintage jackets, so they know ALL the individual features.

So they continually mix them up. Some work really well. Some look a little odd. And some look sh*t.

The successful guys are the ones who get it right most often:D;)

Ishmael

Practically Family
Well, I think the guy in the photo has the right idea. The knit collar is ideal for layering with a hooded sweatshirt underneath.

majormajor

One Too Many
Well, I think the guy in the photo has the right idea. The knit collar is ideal for layering with a hooded sweatshirt underneath.

It would be a sad world, Ish, if we all liked the same thing.

Personally, the last thing I would ever do with a hooded sweatshirt (or indeed, ANY hooded garment) is wear one;)

767fo

One of the Regulars
I liked the first part of this thread..but then what happened (?) :eeek: [huh] :D

I agree Van. Many of the interesting threads are turning into this. Check out the last few pages of the Himel Brothers thread. They are planning a guys trip to the Aero factory:)

majormajor

One Too Many
I agree Van. Many of the interesting threads are turning into this. Check out the last few pages of the Himel Brothers thread. They are planning a guys trip to the Aero factory:)

No. We were chatting on a forum. It's what folks do:D;)

Ishmael

Practically Family
Which one? I think I would only wear the top one. There's a shop called Hummingbird's Hill that has all these jackets in a really nice shade of brown too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun