Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

So more of mine.

Hückel Superior Crystall Velour

4710377722_9fa5dfe698_b.jpg

I have to see this hat in person someday.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
I just wish it was in my size. My personal favorites are the Hückel Superior Crystall Velour and Hückel Sigma Velour which is in my size. The old light color Austrian Velours are just about impossible to find in any size.

Well, if you've got any 7 1/2s that you would like to set free I'd be more than happy to provide a good home.

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks for sharing Steve. I never get tired of seeing such fine quality.

Steve: I wear a 7 1/8.:)

Last edited:

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
To me it appears that the bow is backwards relative to the dip of the brim. In the photos the loop is in the back and the tails appear to be tacked down facing forwards. Perhaps this hat is backwards; somebody modify this hat at some point?

X-post from the New Hats thread, I found this amongst a load of stingy brimmed, low crowned 60s hats.

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05863.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
To me it appears that the bow is backwards relative to the dip of the brim. In the photos the loop is in the back and the tails appear to be tacked down facing forwards. Perhaps this hat is backwards; somebody modify this hat at some point?

Its a symmetric double bow with closed loops on both sides with angled upkick front and back. More common on European hats.

some variants:
5438710592_f46e58de4c.jpg
5438104027_2ac90075b2.jpg
5438104207_42772bfaca.jpg

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Peluche is supposed to be a shag :) But yes, I'm sure after several brushings it will be more tame.
From their website
Peluche: Worked by hand, our Peluche finish is our longest nap finish we offer. The nap is left long and left uncombed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe