Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am going to be out of the country untill October 1st. There is one more Royal Stetson Tan Weekender I believe that will be coming up for auction. Is there a way to pre bid as not to miss a chance to get it?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Uh oh...

DOUGLAS said:
I am going to be out of the country untill October 1st. There is one more Royal Stetson Tan Weekender I believe that will be coming up for auction. Is there a way to pre bid as not to miss a chance to get it?

Man, oh man! We may need to suspend the auctions all-together, if you're leaving town!

I don't think we have any way to accept pre-auction bids, but I can work on the auction schedule.

I just posted a tan 7 1/4 Weekender, so I think it's reasonable to hold off on posting the second 7 1/4 Weekender until next month.

Of course, if I get a mailbox full of PMs begging me to post this hat, then all bets may be off. :D

Stan

A-List Customer
johnnyphi said:
I have quite a few more of the smaller sizes that were not photographed.

Let me know what you think!

Hi,

By 'smaller sizes' does that include size 7 and 7 1/8 or only 'smaller than size 7'???

You have me wondering how many more hats I might have to my list that I don't even know about yet! :eek:

Then, again, maybe I *don't* really want yo know the answer to this question - or at least my bank account doesn't!! lol

Later!

Stan

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
This weeks' auctions (91-93) are the absolute best I've seen! Now, I've not been active since the beginning, but that silverbelly and the sage hats are gorgeous! Kinda bittersweet, though as none are in my size and perusing the remaining 7 1/2's; I don't see any that will rival this weeks' offerings. On the other hand, it is freeing not to have a stake in the game; I can just enjoy that good feeling you get when something strikes a visceral response within. Congratulations in advance to the winners and I really mean that...awesome!

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Rough Week...

Friends...

Without going into detail, I want to let you know that I've experienced a security breach this week. It was due to a malware (criminal) attack on my personal laptop.

Not to worry... I have a brand new laptop and good friends in the law enforcement world, and our auction process is safe, but I have definitely been thrown off of my normal routine.

The next auction will be more robust... In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the results of the current auction.

Regards,
Johnny

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
johnnyphi said:
Friends...

Without going into detail, I want to let you know that I've experienced a security breach this week. It was due to a malware (criminal) attack on my personal laptop.

Not to worry... I have a brand new laptop and good friends in the law enforcement world, and our auction process is safe, but I have definitely been thrown off of my normal routine.

The next auction will be more robust... In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the results of the current auction.

Regards,
Johnny

Wow -- that is a bummer. Sorry to hear that, johnnyphi.

Just hope the hackers don't start re-routing lids in transit...:eek: lol

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Flagging Live Auctions

Hey, Johnnyphi --

When you get a couple of minutes and it's not too much trouble, would you be able to edit the closed auctions by removing the yellow caution symbol from the auction title? It would be great if the only auctions with that symbol would be the live auctions, as it does get confusing trying to quickly sort out which auctions are current.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
JtL

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
BARTENDERS!!! Ayuda, por favor...(Help please)

Brothers Scott and Zohar, This is a great idea. I would do it myself, but I can't edit posts after 1 week. Can you please come to our aid?

Future and/or Current members of the Johnnyphi Hat Club, I'll be posting several new auctions tomorrow. Auctions will close on Sunday, as usual.

jimmy the lid said:
Hey, Johnnyphi --

When you get a couple of minutes and it's not too much trouble, would you be able to edit the closed auctions by removing the yellow caution symbol from the auction title? It would be great if the only auctions with that symbol would be the live auctions, as it does get confusing trying to quickly sort out which auctions are current.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
JtL

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
johnnyphi said:
Brothers Scott and Zohar, This is a great idea. I would do it myself, but I can't edit posts after 1 week. Can you please come to our aid?

Future and/or Current members of the Johnnyphi Hat Club, I'll be posting severalnew auctions tomorrow. Auctions will close on Sunday, as usual.
Since we are talking about editing old posts: I noticed that in the NOS Hat Auctions - THE RULES of ENGAGEMENT thread it says the following:

5) Each auction will begin as soon as the hat is posted, and will continue for three days. The ending time will be posted clearly at the top of the auction.

6) Each auction period will be THREE days, and the end time will be posted based on Eastern Standard Time (-3 hours for Pacific Standard Time)

7) New auctions will be posted on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Wednesday auctions will end at 6:00 PM Eastern on Saturday.

Sunday auctions will end at 9:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday.

Ending times will be clocked by the Fedora Lounge server clock. (And yes, this clock does not match your computer clock, it is about ten minutes fast.) The auctions end at the time stamp on the final bid.
Lately we have had one set of auctions per week lasting five or more days instead of just three. I don't think there is anything wrong with longer auctions, but the discrepancy with the rules posted above might confuse some of the newer members. You may want to have the post modified to reflect the change.

I'm not complaining you understand, just trying to help. :) Please keep posting auctions! :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
A couple of suggestions

Is it possible for a Bartender to add "Closed" to the end of each auction title at 9:00 PM EST each Sunday evening?

Then all completed auctions would be obvious.

Also, the guidelines may be more clear if, as is the case currently, they state that "all current auctions will end at 9:00 PM EST on the Sunday evening immediately following the initiation of the auction".

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank You

Thanks for suspending the second Week Ender Johnnyphi. You are a life savor.
A truely beautiful selection of hats up resently.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Any light colored 7 3/8 left in the inventory? I'm heart broken I didn't get that Adam Majestic, but we were out this afternoon (pacific time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe