Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoys TV show

rgraham

A-List Customer
theinterchange said:
Grandpa would pronounce it "Pepina" most of the time. ;)

Randy

I thought it sounded more like Pepiner.

I really liked the twang in Suger Babes voice.

One of my favorite shows of all time. I'm sure that old farm is now covered over by some mall.

theinterchange

One Too Many
rgraham said:
I thought it sounded more like Pepiner.

I really liked the twang in Suger Babes voice.

One of my favorite shows of all time. I'm sure that old farm is now covered over by some mall.

She wasn't bad looking, either.

I always thought it was funny that Flora was also "Mrs. Mondello" on Leave it to Beaver, I mean on The Real McCoy's she's an old spinster, but there she's a grade school kid's mother. lol Funny since they were both filmed around the same time period.

I was just reading about the Desilu studio's "40 Acres" Where shows like this,The Andy Griffith Show, The Untouchables, The Adventures of Superman, Star Trek [when they went to "modern" planets], Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C and more were filmed... also the Tara Mansion from Gone With The Wind was there... it's horrendous to see the "after" photos of the facade.

http://www.retroweb.com/40acres.html

If you get some time, it's interesting to look through.

Randy

RBH

Bartender
Jeanette Nolan was also married to John McIntire, a great character actor and western film star in his own right.

This is Jeanette Nolan as she apparied on Gunsmoke as Dirty Sally. {1974}

DirtySally.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
No worries Lefty, it aired in 1957-63, you were probably a little young.

Yep. I was -12 when it ended. :D

I did grow up on a lot of oldie re-runs, but I must have been too busy with the Beverly Hillbillies to notice this one.

chum

Familiar Face
theinterchange said:
I own all the seasons available on dvd. I figured most anyone into the stuff we are around here would have at least HEARD of the show. :rolleyes: ;)

I've always been curious what brand Amos' hat was. And what about George's hat? :p

Randy

If you would happen to know the episode, that I was referring to in the original post, where Amos bashes his hat, it would be appreciated. I think it was one where they go to an airforce base.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Speaking of vintage TV shows and the hats the stars wore, does anyone else remember Highway Patrol?

http://www.highwaypatroltv.com/photos.shtml

The curious thing about the premise was the lead officer, played by Broderick Crawford, wore a suit and fedora not a CHPS uniform. Didn't understand that
even as a kid.

You will notice that the memorabilia features a CHPS patrolman's cap but no
fedora for the kiddies.

10/4

theinterchange

One Too Many
chum said:
If you would happen to know the episode, that I was referring to in the original post, where Amos bashes his hat, it would be appreciated. I think it was one where they go to an airforce base.

I do believe I remember it. I'll have to get my dvd's out and see which season/episode it was. Going off memory, I think it was called "Grandpa vs. The Air Force" or something similar.... Ok, I just looked, it's from season 3 Grandpa Fights The Air Force.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
chum said:

I just fast forwarded through the entire episode I mentioned before, and that didn't happen in it. Could it have been the one where they tried to save the battleship?

Randy

40 Acres...

theinterchange said:
She wasn't bad looking, either.

I always thought it was funny that Flora was also "Mrs. Mondello" on Leave it to Beaver, I mean on The Real McCoy's she's an old spinster, but there she's a grade school kid's mother. lol Funny since they were both filmed around the same time period.

I was just reading about the Desilu studio's "40 Acres" Where shows like this,The Andy Griffith Show, The Untouchables, The Adventures of Superman, Star Trek [when they went to "modern" planets], Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C and more were filmed... also the Tara Mansion from Gone With The Wind was there... it's horrendous to see the "after" photos of the facade.

http://www.retroweb.com/40acres.html

If you get some time, it's interesting to look through.

Randy

That is a really cool website! it's crazy that you can go back and watch old episodes of star trek and Andy Griffith and see the gone from the wind set.

I wonder if they reuse sets much now a days...

chum

Familiar Face
theinterchange said:
I just fast forwarded through the entire episode I mentioned before, and that didn't happen in it. Could it have been the one where they tried to save the battleship?

Randy

no idea now...thanks for looking! I only remember they were going somewhere that Amos must have thought to bash his hat....[huh]

theinterchange

One Too Many
chum said:
no idea now...thanks for looking! I only remember they were going somewhere that Amos must have thought to bash his hat....[huh]

No worries! I DO remember seeing him do that, recently too, so it must be within the first 3 seasons, as those are the only ones out on disc. I'll keep my eye open for it as I go back through them.

Randy

Sam Craig

One Too Many
dr greg said:
I thought his finest moment, as it was for pretty much everyone else in one of the GREATEST films of all time, let alone the 50's, is BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK.

That was a great one, Doc!

I'd forgotten about the presence he brought to that film, going toe to toe with Tracy, Lee Marvin and the rest!

Terrific!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe