Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Perfect Orange

Luddite

One of the Regulars
I love oranges, eat them by the bagfull, but have yet to find the perfect one: the perfect one for me would have to incorporate a ringpull for ease of peeling.

I think with the advent of GM, a banana / orange hybrid would be a step towards perfection. Skin of a 'nana, flesh of an orange - orana, anyone?

Incidentally, was the fruit named after the colour or vice versa? And if the colour was named after the fruit, what did they call orange beforehand?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My perfect meal is sushi. I can't get enough of it!!! The only sushi I will avoid is the pre-packaged, frozen kind you find at the grocery store. If there is a chef there actually MAKING the sushi and pre-packaging it, I will buy that, though! Sushi is just so DELICIOUS that I really don't think life gets any better.

I also like shirmp and cocoanut vindaloo. I get my local Indian resturant to make it extra, extra hot for me. It costs me $2 extra, but it's a dream to my taste buds. In fact, it's so HOT I can't finish it in one day (I like that!)

I guess what these two meals have in common is that I eat them slowly and savour the goodness of them. Sushi is just so pretty you don't want to ruin the design and coulour arrangement and the vindaloo is so HOT I need to take a break after every bite.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Luddite said:
I love oranges, eat them by the bagfull, but have yet to find the perfect one: the perfect one for me would have to incorporate a ringpull for ease of peeling.

I can take one of my neighbor's tangelos and peel it in one piece... talk about easy.

Oh, and happyluv... I'd throw that away.lol

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Amy Jeanne said:
I also like shirmp and cocoanut vindaloo. I get my local Indian resturant to make it extra, extra hot for me. It costs me $2 extra, but it's a dream to my taste buds. In fact, it's so HOT I can't finish it in one day (I like that!)

Hot curry is one of the greatest inventions of humanity. I'll be putting one on the go tomorrow night for dins. To be honest I'm a bit of an addict, had it twice last week! Vindaloos being a particular favourite as well.

Flieger said:
I have to give my vote to to the perfect berry instead.

I take it you're a fan of molte? One of the very best things about Norway ;)

jayem

A-List Customer
I adore apples like no other. I think of them as the perfect fruit, since you can eat them anywhere, anytime. No pealing or cutting involved either, just wash and bite in!

The perfect apple to me is sweet with a bit of sour. Honeycrisp are high on my list, same with golden delicious. They're not mealy, and when you bite in you get a distinctive crisp sound. Little to no bruises, also.

Happyfilmluveguy, looks to me like a blood orange.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Flieger said:
Yes, of course! Molte-jam in my yogurt is a given. :)

/F

One of the best things about autumn in northern Norway, molte picking! Although I have a tendency to eat more than collect.

panamag8or

Practically Family
jayem said:
I adore apples like no other. I think of them as the perfect fruit, since you can eat them anywhere, anytime. No pealing or cutting involved either, just wash and bite in!

The perfect apple to me is sweet with a bit of sour. Honeycrisp are high on my list, same with golden delicious. They're not mealy, and when you bite in you get a distinctive crisp sound. Little to no bruises, also.

Happyfilmluveguy, looks to me like a blood orange.

Looks a little black to be a blood orange, or maybe my monitor is wonky.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Rainer Cherrys. I wish I could get them year round. I always look forward to the first cherrys of the season and I am alittle sad when summer ends and I can no longer get them. I guess it's good that they are not available year round as they cost an arm and a leg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe