Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
DSC_0377.JPG

thats stunning - all her stuff goes for extraodinary prices. I was after this but after splurging yesterday I decided to stop bidding

1216915046734_DSC_0161_R.jpg

it only went for $77 but I just can't justify it right now. I really need eveningwear though.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The bad news is I lost this ($227.50! for cotton)
greenlost.jpg

The good news is I won this ($49 Buy it now)
greenwon.jpg

Tell me you like the second one more! :p I like the color better, and I'm sure it will fit me better than it does the tall thin model (hug my curves and hit below my knee). This will be my wiggle dress debut... Now my search for the perfect green dress has come to an end (for now) due to my lack of green dollars.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:

It looks terrible on the model, but the neck opening detail is very lovely and the colors too, they will compliment you really well. What is it about green, it's so difficult to find proper garments in a proper green color!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Poor goldwyn girl :( You would have looked adorable in this! Hope you've found another since then :)
goldwyn girl said:
This went for $305.33 way to high for me. I was hoping I would get it..............

b6ac_1.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
greenlost.jpg
I was watching this one, too. I'm heartbroken!
greenwon.jpg
It will look much better on you than the model! The color is divine and the neckline detail is wonderful!

Sunny

One Too Many
I wanted it, but I wasn't sure I should get it. (Budget, storage space, time to sew, etc.) So I didn't bid quite what it was worth; and I was outbid. :(

Early 1930s suit jacket with belt back, either gathered into a yoke or with action pleats on the sides.

pictorial7758.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
greenlost.jpg

greenwon.jpg

Tell me you like the second one more! :p I like the color better, and I'm sure it will fit me better than it does the tall thin model (hug my curves and hit below my knee). This will be my wiggle dress debut... Now my search for the perfect green dress has come to an end (for now) due to my lack of green dollars.
I love both of those. Green is my favorite color.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also, I don't understand why this top went for $73??!!!? It's new/used (not even vintage!) with no brand listed.
100_2923.jpg=600

R

Red_Lipstick

Yes, sometimes auctions don't make sense to me: some items go up to ridiculous prices and sometimes you're lucky and get something really good for next to nothing [huh]

I think to an extent it depends on how the product is presented: some ebay sellers are great at writing descriptions, uploading photos, backgrounds, etc

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Red_Lipstick said:
I think to an extent it depends on how the product is presented: some ebay sellers are great at writing descriptions, uploading photos, backgrounds, etc

Oh, there was barely any information in the listing at all. No measurements, no brand name no nothing.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
epr25 said:
These went for $171.00!
00ENNAGREEN1.JPG

epr, what size do you wear? There is a great pair of virtually deadstock green canvas 40s wedges at my local vintage store. I'd be happy to take a look to see if they're the same size and match your measurements. He'd probably give them to me for around $30.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
epr25 said:
These went for $171.00!

00ENNAGREEN1.JPG

That's just silly, I mean to me they're not even that fancy! Cute? yes, and nice enough for everyday wear and I know that green shoes are one of the hardest colour to find but that is stupid money to pay for them........!!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
They are green, 1940s and made by Enna Jettick.

That screams 'COLLECTABLE!!!!!!' more or less whatever size they are. [huh]

You're right, I'd be exactly the same if it were a piece of jewellery I'd been searching for. But if I'd paid that kind of money they'd have to have heels and diamonds galore!!;) ;)

Adele

One of the Regulars
That birdhouse in the previous page is pretty neat!

My latest loss:

2530_1.JPG

I did hesitate because I don't know if I will look good in yellow.

Ohh, this one I just plain out forgot the date of it, so by the time I remembered, it was too late (also, again, yellow):
Z6.jpg

They both went in the sixty range - which isn't bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld