Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

crwritt

One Too Many
The box was on my doorstep this afternoon, and boy was it heavy. Good thing it's Flat Rate!
Here's what I kept
291745_1523691629272_1744062716_793162_1124537061_n.jpg

and it's still so full!
My sister is visiting, so she admired some of the items.Didn't take any though,
since her suitcase is full.
Land o lakes Girl is next, once I have her address.

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Oooh yay!

I really hope you enjoy the Thayer's, Gracie got me hooked on it early this year and I swear it has made a huge difference. I'm so glad that she had an extra bottle to put in the beauty box! :D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Oooohh, fun!!! Looks like you got some great stuff, crwitt. I'm jealous of the Thayer's rose witch hazel - I use regular witch hazel and the Boots rose skin tonic, I've been wanting to try the Thayer's for a while now. Nice haul! :D

I can't believe how fast we're moving! Just to update, here's where we are:

Just to update, here's our list:

Tatum (FL, US)
Crwitt (ME, US) <--- has box
Land-O-LakesGal (Minnesota, US)
Lady Day (CA, US)
Bluebird Marsha (TN, US)
Fortworthgal (TX, US)
Zombi (US, will ship to Canada)
C-Dot (Canada)
Olive bleu (Canada)

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
I use that very same rose Thayer's myself! I love it :) And I have some of those noodley rollers, too! Oh this is so fun. I bet that soap smells amazing~

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Y'all are hooked on Thayer's too?! I found it in a little health food store, and chose the cucumber one. I have not had a blemish since; prior to that, I was using Proactiv!

I'm getting all tingly with desire for this box.

crwritt

One Too Many
Oooh yay!

I really hope you enjoy the Thayer's, Gracie got me hooked on it early this year and I swear it has made a huge difference. I'm so glad that she had an extra bottle to put in the beauty box! :D

I haven't had time to try it, but I'm looking forward to it this evening. I did read the label on the beauty vitamins and took some.
the rosemary mint soap smells wonderful. I have tried the lip gloss in the pink&white tube, very nice.I'll be using the Opi polish on my toenails this evening.

crwritt

One Too Many
I brought the Beauty Box to a neighboring small town PO and mailed it out to Land O Lakes Gal. I don't go there often, so I forget how handsome and flirtatious the Cumberland Center, ME Postmaster is! He asked what was in the box, and I told him what was in it and why we were sending it around, and I said it was just some girly fun. He thought it was nice that we could still have fun for fourteen dollars and change.

I have to say, I'm loving the Thayer's witch hazel. It cleared a scaly patch above my ear after one use.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I was telling my mom about the concept, and she was thrilled by the idea too. I hate to say I thought one comment she made was sort of cute. She thought it was great, but she wondered if "someone might not just take the whole thing, and not send anything?" Mom,we're ladies- we don't do things like that!

That made her even happier!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
lol That wouldn't happen here! You're right Bluebird, we're ladies! Although that did happen on another forum where we had the box going... very disappointing!

I can't wait to see what's next. This is so much fun! I really hope we can continue for more rounds and hopefully even get some more ladies involved.

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
^ Me too! I have a whole baggie of things waiting on the box to come to me. It'd be even more fun if we got it through a couple countries -- totally different stuff for lots of people involved!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Hi Ladies I got the box today and Critwtt is right it is heavy.
Holly Cow ladies is it packed! In fact it is so full not sure if I will be able to put in one of the larger items I wanted to include but I will do my best. I think I even have time to through it tonight but its a lot of stuff it might take me two nights to decide. I was looking through the thread to make sure I do this right. I just cross off stuff from the list take a picture of what I take? Write on the list what I have added? Please clarify if I am incorrect.

crwritt

One Too Many
Hi Ladies I got the box today and Critwtt is right it is heavy.
Holly Cow ladies is it packed! In fact it is so full not sure if I will be able to put in one of the larger items I wanted to include but I will do my best. I think I even have time to through it tonight but its a lot of stuff it might take me two nights to decide. I was looking through the thread to make sure I do this right. I just cross off stuff from the list take a picture of what I take? Write on the list what I have added? Please clarify if I am incorrect.

I was wondering if you received it yet.Have fun looking it all over.Don't feel bad about taking stuff out to make room for other cool stuff.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Yay, so excited!!! I can't wait to see what kind of goodies you find. Yes, cross off the list what you take out & photograph it and post here. Then write on the lists what you're adding in. This just helps keep it transparent for everyone.

I am really hoping we'll be doing a round 2, so if you can't fit everything in, don't feel bad.

And please, I encourage you ladies to take more stuff out to make necessary space!

Kishtu

Practically Family
Shall we start a thread to see who would be in for a Round 2 to see if it will work?
With names and locations and see if we can work out the logistics?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I think we should wait until we get round 1 completed, or at least close to it. Once we're on the last couple of folks we can get a round 2 sign-up started. This will also give newer members more time to build up post count if they want to sign up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe