Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Truer words were never spoken...uhh, typed.

By the way, I could have lived with "Hole in the wall"; I've been called worse.

Didn't want the risk of being kicked out by the bartender!:(
Gallery-Woolworths-in-pic-016.jpg

"Oh Brother...Where Art Thou" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HadleyH1

One Too Many
This is an exception ... because I love most vintage ...but this... I dislike ..I'm sorry

And the year is 1929 which I adore! 1929 is my fav year in clothes and music.... but this one strange hat here ... oh boy....no way I am going to like it! too thick band...do you call it that...I don't know....it's just is not in harmony with the rest of the fedora.

Alvin Clarence Thomas (in the photo here below,,,,) was an American gambler, golfer and hustler better known as Titanic Thompson. He was a major witness at the 1929 Arnold Rothstein murder trial in New York City.

This is an exception ... because I love most vintage ...but this... I dislike ..I'm sorry

And the year is 1929 which I adore! 1929 is my fav year in clothes and music.... but this one strange hat here ... oh boy....no way I am going to like it! too thick band...do you call it that...I don't know....it's just is not in harmony with the rest of the fedora.

Alvin Clarence Thomas (in the photo here below,,,,) was an American gambler, golfer and hustler better known as Titanic Thompson. He was a major witness at the 1929 Arnold Rothstein murder trial in New York City.

I don't disagree with you. I've seen the uncropped version of this photo, and in my opinion the crown is creased too tall for Mr. Thomas. As for the ribbon, it's one thing I'm not a fan of on a lot of 1920s hats--I like a reasonably sized wide ribbon, but on most hats of that era they're just too wide/tall for my tastes. For that reason, I much prefer hats from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken