Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
I spent a week in Wears Valley, right near GSMNP. Spent most of the time wearing a Resistol Beaver 100 that I bought from casechopper. I rebashed to a tall, front pinch diamond. It has a 3-1/2 inch brim and a tall crown. Makes one heck of a hat. Great for spending days out in the sun. I had several people in the area compliment my hat. A couple men tried to talk me out of it. That was the second hat on the same trip that got lots of attention ( see earlier post about Stetson 20). There's something about Mountain folk that make you really warm up to 'em! Anyway, they sure know and appreciate their hats!

Our house has always been the go to house at Halloween but it's been a lot quieter since Sophie's departure for college. My daughter Lily and her friend Aidan were at the house tonight, playing Taboo and giving out candy to the neighborhood kids. Lily was still dressed in her Rosie the Riveter outfit. Aidan was wearing a sweater that I had given him a few weeks back and a neat velour stingy. Turns out his costume was me. The hat was his grandfather's... a little too small and dusty. We took out the streamer and Garvé and got it up to speed nicely. Fun night.

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
I was checking out at the grocery store the other day wearing my Akubra Cattleman and the nice man at the counter asked me if I've seen the movie, "The man from snowy river". He went on to explain how much he liked the movies and the look and we had a nice conversation. I should have worn my Snowy River that day! Tonight my band played at a local pub. I always bring a hat and wear it when we play country tunes. Brought out the Cattleman for the first time at a show and got loads of compliments. It felt very nice.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
At the flea-market today, an older couple was passing by and the wife says: "Look at this fellah. All put together, with the hat and chain and everything..."

Awww!!

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
While moseying threw Academy Sporting Goods this afternoon wearing a fishing jacket and my Stylepark fedora I heard a woman behind me remark to the man with her that "if they sold hats like that here he would be wearing one out".
I know nothing about the Stylepark, I guess I should summit it to the F.L.Braintrust.

Aviator1

New in Town
I get quite a few compliments from my co-workers. Over the years some of them have even loosened up and started wearing hats themselves. But for me, the best compliments are in restaurants and other situations when I remove my hat as protocol demands. People really seem to appreciate that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82