Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE MALLORY MILE

buler

I'll Lock Up
Check out the ultra-wide ribbons on these 1914 hats

B

mallory_sept_12_1914.JPG

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Check out the ultra-wide ribbons on these 1914 hats

Those ARE some wide ribbons!! Probably 2 1/4 or wider. The hat on the far left has a very similar ribbon treatment to my 1930s M Schwartz and Co

DSC07853.jpg

I love that this ad specifies that they used Silk ribbon. I was under the impression that a Cotton/Rayon mixture was used early on, but I have had pre-1920 hats with ribbon that I knew wasn't cotton. I wonder if the ribbon used was a Silk/cotton mix, a silk/rayon mix, or some other kind of mixture. The vintage ribbon that I have seen on most pre-1920's hats are most definitely not 100% silk.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1940s? Mallory Premier. This hat is SOFT! Very lightweight felt! The hat even has the remnants of that orange plastic material, which is interesting since this is the first time I have seen the orange stuff... but man is it messy if it blows out of the hat!

m10.jpg

m210.jpg

m310.jpg

dscf0018.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
New to me Mallory Ten with puggaree. I posted this hat in the new hats threads but thought I would put it here also with a couple of extra photos for the Mallory wearers.
Took these photos before a trip to the freezer just to be on the safe side.

Going to need some brushing, Woolite touch-up, steaming and shaping but I think it will be a nice hat. A companion for my Lt. Grey Mallory Ten with 1817 liner and puggare.

IMG_0995.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0996.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0999.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0997.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1002.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0998.jpg
[/IMG]

falis

New in Town
My granddad and two of my uncles worked in the Mallory factory in Danbury CT. You should have seen the old hatter's hands. But we grandchildren had great "cowboy hats" when we were kids.

- Ed

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Sportabout

Mallory Sportabout. Lightweight felt, raw brim, no liner, tip stamp, crown vent holes. Has a nice mid ribbon and a non-reeded lightweight sweat.

sportabout_1.jpg

sportabout_2.jpg

sportabout_3.jpg

sportabout_4.jpg

sportabout_5.jpg

sportabout_6.jpg

sportabout_7.jpg

sportabout_8.jpg

1938 Ad:

mallory_1938_sept.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads