Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hat Confessional Thread

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
1. Sometimes I don't tell my wife when I get a "new" hat...

2. Sometimes I don't tell you guys, either! :p

3. I had plans 1 1/2-2 years ago to get serious about teaching myself about hat restoration and making (even stopped in and talked to Gus about whether he'd be interested in an apprentice) but a slide back into depression took the wind out of my sails. :( Now that I'm working and feeling a lot better I don't seem to have the time! :eusa_doh:

4. The depression never touched my interest in acquiring hats, though--I believe it's called "retail therapy." lol

5. I like some stingy-brimmed hats I've come across, but they mostly don't like me.

6. I've tried spreading the hat-wearing addiction to others, but so far my strongest convert has been my nephew. I'm told he wears his hats everywhere! He even showed up at his graduation party (from Ohio University) yesterday wearing one. :eusa_clap

7. I've been known to use a vacuum with a brush attachment on really dusty/dirty hats.

Regards,
Tom

hatflick1

Practically Family
I watch most movies on TCM to see the hats.
I wear an old, beat up Stetson fedora to the beach or hiking.
I wear a vintage fedora with almost anything. I think most look great with a white t-shirt and faded jeans.
Two of my favorite hats in my limited collection are weathered western style numbers I picked up along my travels in New Mexico and Idaho.
I am also a sucker for the WWII hbt fatigue caps worn by the GI's and Marines in the Pacific theater. I own a duffel bag full of them.
If I wore a small size, like a 7 1/8, I'd be broke because that's the size of the really classic fedoras on eBay.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Oh no Jimmy! I knew I was going to hear it from you! :(
Call me reactionary, I just like hat. Or sombrero in Spanish. But I must say and bite my tongue just this once: man you have a superb collection of... Of... of lids! Cheers,:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
Oh no Jimmy! I knew I was going to hear it from you! :(
Call me reactionary, I just like hat. Or sombrero in Spanish. But I must say and bite my tongue just this once: man you have a superb collection of... Of... of lids! Cheers,:eusa_clap

God bless you, Aureliano -- I knew you could do it!!! :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
You gents will forgive me if I happen to be having an identity crisis right now...:eek:

Cheers,
JtL...or JtS...or JtC...or JtH...:eek:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
You gents will forgive me if I happen to be having an identity crisis right now...:eek:

Cheers,
JtL...or JtS...or JtC...or JtH...:eek:

oh no! What have I done!? What have I started!:eek:

CRH

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Jimmy the Fedora
BUT NEVER
Jimmy the Cap

Jesus Christ!

All this talk about lids is making me sweaty. It reminds me of my Mother slamming the lid down on the box that I was raised in. It's like when my Dad used to throw his lid across the street for the dog to fetch 'cause he knew I'd follow the dog into traffic.....

Let a dead man sleep will ya fellas!

Picture+23.jpg

No respect... I get no respect........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe