Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Drew B

One of the Regulars
mayserwegener said:
Drew B, Nice Alpen!

Thankyou. I was not aware of what type of hat it was. What does Alpen refer to? Origin? The Alps? I got it second hand; it was made by 'G.A. Dunn and Co.' Don't know much about those folk or the hat but I like it.

Cheers,
Drew.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Dreispitz, Nice Zapf and horse!

Drew B, Nice Alpen!

I have so many green (all shades) hats I could fill five pages. I will go with this Goldsiegel Trachten - OR hybrid.

3726096561_65015703d7_b.jpg

I do quite like this Goldsiegel. I have been looking around for something similar. They tend to be rare in this style, these days. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billyspew

One Too Many
Drew B said:
Thankyou. I was not aware of what type of hat it was. What does Alpen refer to? Origin? The Alps? I got it second hand; it was made by 'G.A. Dunn and Co.' Don't know much about those folk or the hat but I like it.

Cheers,
Drew.

Dunn & Co were a highstreet menswear retailer in the UK up until the 90's. See them quite a bit on UK ebay. The hats were probably made in the Denton area of Manchester where a lot of the UK hats were made.

Alpen/Alpine is the style.

Drew B

One of the Regulars
billy - Yes, I found out as much as I could about Dunn and Co when I got the hat (It's what brought me to this wonderful place actually) but all I found out was that they made nice stuff, started trade in 1890 or so, ceased trading in the 90s and liquidated assets in 2004, but thankyou none the less. When I stumbled accross the lounge I was trying to find out when my particular hat was made, I guess I will never know. oh shame!

mayserwegener - I assumed Alpen was a style so thankyou for clarifying that! Also nice hat... VERY nice hat!

Cheers,
Drew.

Dreispitz said:
I do quite like this Goldsiegel. I have been looking around for something similar. They tend to be rare in this style, these days. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks! I like it too. Actually wore it last night after posting the picture.

Drew B said:
mayserwegener - I assumed Alpen was a style so thankyou for clarifying that! Also nice hat... VERY nice hat!

Yes it is a Alpine / Tyrolian style hat. If you want to check out some others see this thread.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33795&page=19

carldelo

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
Here is my new shade of green Akubra Campdraft...

gtdean, that is a great looking lid. I can't wear a brim that wide, but I think I will steal the look and have my sage Chatham modified to approximate it. With the lower crown and smaller brim, the proportions may be fairly close. I agree with Dundee in the CD thread - it will make a great outdoor felt, which I don't have right now.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Stetson Royal Deluxe

This is a Stetson Royal Deluxe in sage green with a very dark green ribbon. There is no model stamped on the sweat or noted on the lining, but the dimensions and edge binding are quite evocative of a Whippet. Pics are not great in terms of the actual color. I've had this one a while and thought I'd get better pics, but didn't get around to it. Without further ado...

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Lloyd

A-List Customer
VS Dark Moss with dark green ribbon

Postman just delivered this about 30 minutes ago.
cross posted in The Art Fawcett Hall of Fame

VintageSilhouettesfrontview1.jpg

VintageSilhouettesprofile.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust