Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Gatsby - Remake in the Works

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
[video=youtube_share;rARN6agiW7o]http://youtu.be/rARN6agiW7o[/video]

I am interested in the film as I love Baz's work. Always inventive camera work and love the color palette in the film.
Who know's about the music. Love is blindness sure is what Gatsby was about. It is 2012 just enjoy.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I love the music, just not for this film. Then again, they had similarly modern music for the trailer for Boardwalk Empire, and that turned out great, so here's hoping it's just for the trailer. I am interested in seeing how it turns out.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I love the music, just not for this film. Then again, they had similarly modern music for the trailer for Boardwalk Empire, and that turned out great, so here's hoping it's just for the trailer. I am interested in seeing how it turns out.

Other than being period pieces there is really no basis to compare The Great Gatsby to Boardwalk Empire. One is a classic part of American literature the other is an HBO series. One is subtle, the other not so much.

I am interested in the film as I love Baz's work. Always inventive camera work and love the color palette in the film.
Who know's about the music. Love is blindness sure is what Gatsby was about. It is 2012 just enjoy.

If Moulin Rouge is anything to go by, I think we're going to be hearing a lot of the music from the trailer in the movie. Baz Lurhman may be inventive with the camera work and such but his musical taste is another story.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Music aside, the trailer strikes me as TOO visually overwhelming. I know that's Baz's signature style, but geez, the images are so supersaturated that they burned my retinas!

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Really wanting to keep an open mind here too. Been so long since I saw the original film or read the book I'm trying to withhold judgment.

Happen to be a Moulin Rouge fan (I know, I'm in the minority there), even with his odd musical choices. But, agreed, the song in the trailer was extremely distracting! :rolleyes:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Saw the trailer and am looking forward to it. Being that it is Baz Luhrmann I'd expect it to be a fairly artistic look into a period piece. Very stylized, and picking only the coice pieces from the time while adding modern elements to kee the "modern" audiences attention. Just like Moulin Rouge, an artistic look into Belle Epoch.

Cheers!

Dan

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Here is the trailer for those interested.

[video=youtube_share;rARN6agiW7o]http://youtu.be/rARN6agiW7o[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe