Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good News Thread

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
...And Yesterday my youngest Granddaughter took her first steps....

Zella.jpg

What a sweetheart! I love little towheaded children. That smile could brighten up an entire city :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Congratulations on the new baby Michigan! He's a real beauty :)
Yes he is and thank you. I have other horses in my stables and the family that owns them are very into horses, they were at my place when Gonzo was born, and called me to let me know. They say he is a very curious lil devil, looking around trying to figure out everything and is very "people" oriented already! My Wife and I are going to Fly up from the small Airport here in Marshall up to the Mio/Luzerne area to my place up there.

rue

Yes he is and thank you. I have other horses in my stables and the family that owns them are very into horses, they were at my place when Gonzo was born, and called me to let me know. They say he is a very curious lil devil, looking around trying to figure out everything and is very "people" oriented already! My Wife and I are going to Fly up from the small Airport here in Marshall up to the Mio/Luzerne area to my place up there.

Well, have a great time and take pictures :)

Hi C-dot
The good news is...she has that smile..all the time. She will cry when hungry...but as soon as you approach her...here comes the smile. Happiest baby I've ever seen. Hope she stays that way.
HD

You know darn well those teenage years are coming HD :eeek:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Congratulations on the new baby Michigan! He's a real beauty :)

I used my trusty 35mm camera to take some pictures of the horses, have to drop that film off, but we did take a few pictures out of the plane window with my Wife's cell phone and she took one picture of everyone at my Place up there that showed up for a dinner gathering, will have to get her to send it to me so I can get it on Photobucket!

Cricket

Practically Family
My good news for the day is that I know I have a pot of warm soup waiting on me after work. Also, I am excited to cuddle with our five month infant who is smiling like crazy as well. And watch a good old fashioned wrestling match with the hubby and our three year old son.

That is my good news for everyday actually. Coming home after work, enjoying a hot plate and family time...couldn't get any better. Oh, and the glass of wine or tea (depending on the work day) right before bed.

My good news for the day is that I know I have a pot of warm soup waiting on me after work. Also, I am excited to cuddle with our five month infant who is smiling like crazy as well. And watch a good old fashioned wrestling match with the hubby and our three year old son.

That is my good news for everyday actually. Coming home after work, enjoying a hot plate and family time...couldn't get any better. Oh, and the glass of wine or tea (depending on the work day) right before bed.

I agree Cricket. The best of times for sure! Precious things to appreciate no matter what's going on in this crazy world.;):eusa_clap

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After an unexpected meeting in Mason City, IA during the Fedora Lounge Midwest Meet-up, and among our other friends Susan, Mike, Eric, Alex and Alex's folks, I met a wonderful gal; our very own Ms. Hawthorne. From that day forward, Cate and I haven't stopped gabbing each others' ears off.

On Friday October 28th, as the sun set over St. Anthony Falls and the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis, Cate and I were engaged to be married. We're looking forward to a tentative date of April 2013. As you can imagine, we're both thrilled and we thought it would be nice to thank everyone at the Fedora Lounge for providing such an eclectic community that, by chance alone, made our initial acquaintance possible. Below is a picture snapped on the Stone Arch Bridge by a family visiting from Cedar Rapids, IA.

IMG950490.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
After an unexpected meeting in Mason City, IA during the Fedora Lounge Midwest Meet-up, and among our other friends Susan, Mike, Eric, Alex and Alex's folks, I met a wonderful gal; our very own Ms. Hawthorne. From that day forward, Cate and I haven't stopped gabbing each others' ears off.

On Friday October 28th, as the sun set over St. Anthony Falls and the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis, Cate and I were engaged to be married. We're looking forward to a tentative date of April 2013. As you can imagine, we're both thrilled and we thought it would be nice to thank everyone at the Fedora Lounge for providing such an eclectic community that, by chance alone, made our initial acquaintance possible. Below is a picture snapped on the Stone Arch Bridge by a family visiting from Cedar Rapids, IA.

IMG950490.jpg

That is more than just good news, it is GREAT news! God Bless you both!

Kabel

Familiar Face
Very good news. I've landed myself a desktop publishing (graphic design) job at a company called the B32 group (fashionable clothing company).
Starting on monday. Absolutely overjoyed!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

IMG950490.jpg

Woo hoo! Many congrats, Undertow!!! :eusa_clap

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Good News?

The 2011 Melbourne Pen Show is coming up in less than two weeks!

Anyone looking for details about this event can check the EVENTS board here at the Fedora Lounge.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Wow, a tremendous "CONGRATS!" to the folks with new engagements (be they marital or employment!) This thread is such a swell pick-me-up on a not-so-good day.

But, my good news is finally getting back into the Lounge scene. My, I've missed it, and could use a dose of vintage chat to go with the steady flow of good thrift finds I've accumulated, but been in the mood to try out much. There's no place quite like here! :) (While thinking of all the good things the Lounge is, dare I hope for the same good fortune as Undertow?)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe