Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong with that. At one time I had blue and white dress shirts, to match khaki, blue, black, and olive dress pants. In my former job I had to wear a dress shirt and a tie. Hey, you go with what works...

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Ladies and Gentlemen, due respect...how about a nice glass of cognac and enjoy the rest the evening? And then we can read the great discussions again tomorrow.

M.

Strange..I thought that tonight was'SnowShoe' night..
Shotta Crown with a shot of peppermint schnapps floating on top.
Boy..did I mess up..and I've already had three...:eeek:

Last edited:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Rue..it's nothing new. He despises those that disagree with HIM so much(or those that seem to have different ideaologies) that he cares little about resorting to rude tactics to get a point across. The point is...he just doesn't like the group's opinions...therefore they are only worthy of his crudeness and little else. Putting himself in the position of victim then excuses any misbehavior on his part. A skill that he has exhibited on other forums.
HD
After wading through the last few pages here, I've come to the conclusion that "Poohbang" is actually Charlie Sheen.

This is hugely accurate for the majority, I believe.

It makes the world tough for those who don't fit the mold.

I find myself at this point of my life, ready to settle down, marry, have children in a couple years, buy a house, all that American Dream stuff, and a very select few women looking for the same.

Men want to be perennial bachelors, and women want to live their life as if it's Sex and the City.

Pompidou

One Too Many
This is hugely accurate for the majority, I believe.

It makes the world tough for those who don't fit the mold.

I find myself at this point of my life, ready to settle down, marry, have children in a couple years, buy a house, all that American Dream stuff, and a very select few women looking for the same.

On the plus side, the ones that are can more safely be assumed to be such by choice and not by societal coercion, so you're getting the real deal. Wouldn't it be terrible to land a spouse only because her family pushed her to marry for the sake of family reputation?

'tis true, 'tis true.
On the plus side, the ones that are can more safely be assumed to be such by choice and not by societal coercion, so you're getting the real deal. Wouldn't it be terrible to land a spouse only because her family pushed her to marry for the sake of family reputation?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
In other countries of course, that's done at birth!
She hopes the man has some sort of occupational skills, and he hopes she doesn't turn out looking like the family pet....
Tom, you'll find your Misty Rowe, or Sunshine Cornsilk (she's a looker but not a thinker cause she reads her lines!). ;)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I see pic of an older guy with not fashionable hair and the comments about him. even a emoticon gun pointing at him... I give an example of an other older guy with not fashionable hair, but is universally loved. The is an example of giving an example to my point of view.
I had to go back a few pages but I clearly get your point and agree. It was a rather good example if you ask me.
[huh]Just don't know why this was insulting? But don't explain it to me for 10 more pages. :eusa_doh:
Today I am wearing a "good" haircut and a "bad" sweater. lol

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
I've had a biology teacher shout at me simply because I quite politely suggested an alternative viewpoint to what he was teaching

Hope you haven't answered this already, but, you weren't politely trying to suggest intelligent design as an alternative to evolution ever so politely in the middle of class, were you? :p Guess that is more of a problem in the US though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe