Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the face of evil

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Only in the upper class *rich kids* schools where children are pretentious enough, will you see these hats. In the lower class schools kids usually wear hats after school. And lockers are being phased out of schools now...my high school didn't have lockers and it was a brand new school.

Canadian

One of the Regulars
Those are women's hats. I own a black and white plaid trilby that's similar, bought in the men's department at Winners. My dad, dislikes it when I wear stuff that's too "out there", and the shock on his face when I turned up at work, grey suit, plaid hat and skinny tie was priceless.

When he asked what possessed me to buy the hat? I said, "It keeps people from mistaking me for a Mormon missionary or a Hasidic Jew". You wear a fedora and jacket, you get the strangest comments, as most of us know.

That said, my girlfriend would look good in one of those. It looks like something a hip-hop star would wear, only with poor fabric.

MCrider

A-List Customer
CRH said:
Those are cloth and I think they are made out of Grandma's old kitchen table cloths [huh].

Well if they serve no other purpose, the table cloth comment reminded me of my Great-Grandmother when we'd play cards at her kitchen table. The red and white checked one is the spitting image. Thanks
:)

I guess if it brings someone away from the dark side of baseball hats, maybe it's a good thing... Maybe?
[huh]

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn said:
Now we know what evil looks like:

IMG_2727.jpg

I'm leaving now. I have to go cleanse my soul.

Sayyyy, not bad. Gives me an idea: I could probably simulate that effect pretty well on my 7X Stetson using spray paint and a stencil.

I'll post pics of how it turns out to get your opinions...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Sayyyy, not bad. Gives me an idea: I could probably simulate that effect pretty well on my 7X Stetson using spray paint and a stencil.

Stop the MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
HAAA!!!

Of all the folks here, it was you I wanted most to see that. Took you less than 15 minutes... :D lol :D

I've got the dog tracking your every move...lol lol lol

Cheers,
JtL

Goose.

Practically Family
Last night, my daughter, fourth year university, said she saw a plaid fedroa she liked. Immediately thought of this thead and Blackthorn since my kid lives out his way and may have seen of "one of those" :eek: :eusa_doh:

I promptly gave her my first Akubra Hampton (ordered too small for me). My wife had "borrowed" it. Wife asleep. Kid got a nice lid. She liked it.

Give until it hurts. Hope for our future begins at home...

hampton-black-large.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
A short Short Story

HarpPlayerGene said:

"911 operator. Please state your emergency."

"Yes, hello. I'd like to report a haticide."

"A what, Sir? I didn't catch that"

"I'd like to report a haticide."

"Did you say haticide, Sir?"

"Yes, Mamm."

"What's your location, Sir."

"No, I mean the haticide isn't here it's in N. Florida."

"Prank calls are against the law, Sir."

"No, this isn't a prank call."

"Why should I believe you, Sir."

"Look, just call The President. He'll know what's going on."

"Sir, do we need to dispatch a Deputy to your location?"

"No, to N. Florida. Look just page Barack, he can fix it."

"Sir, why should I believe you. This is highly unusual. What is your fixation with the president?"

"Look, just page Barack, he'll know what to do."

"Sir, I'm dispatching a Deputy to your location."

"NO, TO NORTH FLORIDA. Please call the President"

"Sir, what makes you believe The President can possibly have any thing to do with this?"

"He knows me. Barack knows me."

"He know you, Sir?"

"Yes."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because he has my email address in his Blackberry."

Knock...Knockk... Knock....

"Hold on somebody's at the door....."

Elaina

One Too Many
We ran across some of these the other day. I got my kid a black fedora from Wal-Mart, mis-priced at $3. I feel no shame for it, he'll wear it, enjoy it and I didn't give an arm and a leg and go into debt. He thinks he looks debonair (it's solid canvas admittedly).

Granted, he'll probably grow up and get a real hat, but it works for a 10 year old in his snazzy Hawaiian shirts.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:

lol lol :eusa_clap

I'll send another Barbisio over to for that treatment, Gene :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:

The dog just ran away from the computer screen, whimpering. That's just not playing fair, dammit! Never counted on the giant flea gambit...:rage: :D lol

Cheers,
JtL

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
The dog just ran away from the computer screen, whimpering. That's just not playing fair, dammit! Never counted on the giant flea gambit...:rage: :D lol

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy don't worry, we have the fleas girlfriend.........he'll sit this one out if he wants to see her again in one piece:D
fuzzyardscratchettedogs.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
Here is how I view these monstrosities...

I hate them. They are silly. They are ugly. I scoff at anyone who wears them and calls them a "fedora."

However, I think young people might wear these and at some point when they get too old for the kiddie, punk look that silly hats like that evoke they may begin to look for an adult's hat because, after all, they'd become used to wearing hats. They may, in their thirties or later, begin to look up a real fedora.

So, perhaps these hats might lead to real fedoras?

And, as others have said, if it takes ball caps off anyone over 12 years old, so much the better. I can't stand ball caps on purported adults (although I see nothing wrong with a ball cap or ball cap-like hat on someone working out of doors, I have to say. I feel in a working man's situation, fedoras are more troublesome to bother with).

And I'm sure my opinions is worth as much as anyone's... which is...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I just found this post and know that it is a couple years old. I agree that at least it is getting kids to wear something other than a ball cap, but I cringe every time I see them at Wal-Mart or Target. My wife always says that it is a hat that does not know what it wants to be. But there is a silver lining in this. While we were at Target this past weekend we saw some new hats. They were straw fedoras with c-crowns and 2 ¼'' brims. They were under 20.00 and looked like classic hats. So maybe some of the kids out there will start wearing those and that will lead to bigger and better things for future fedora wearers. Now if only we can do something about the pants 4 sizes to big hanging off the backside, but I guess one thing at a time. 

Regards

Kirk H.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Now we know what evil looks like:

IMG_2727.jpg

I'm leaving now. I have to go cleanse my soul.

Huh. I'd like a hat with the darker blue color, but the plaid and short brims bug me...

Those are the sort of hats I started with, though, and the second one down the stack looks like the black cheesily-pinstriped hat I wore to a Nerf gunfight not long ago. I didn't want to get a good hat dirty, and it matched the vest that was so convenient for holding spare darts. But yeah, I've moved on to hats that at least look better, even if they aren't worth a lot more in cash.

The cheap hats have their place. I wear a few hats of that style of construction, (but not the patterns or brim size, as best I can help it on a shoestring budget!)

-Steven

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I love this thread.
I had forgotten about it, but everytime I see it I laugh

Now we know what evil looks like

Also pertains to the paperstraws piled up at WalMart ... and sadly at Dillard and Macys too

It's evil ... EVIL I tells ya!

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe